The Morning After The Night Before

As Mia woke up in Seeley's arms she was the happiest she ever felt. She smiled down at her wedding ring. This is what Mia had been dreaming of apart from the blaring alarm which was currently making a horrible noise by Booth's head. So Mia did what all good wives do and kicked him gently in the calf. Booth growled before switching off the alarm and rolling over to face Mia.

"Good morning Mrs Booth" he said with a smile before kissing Mia's forehead. He didn't need her to know about his morning breath yet.

"Good morning Mr Booth" she replied, kissing him straight on the lips. Morning breath be damned.

"As lovely as you are" Seeley said kissing Mia's nose "I have work this morning" he said sadly untangling his limbs from hers and getting a sad whimper from Mia.

"Do you have to?" She asked sadly as Booth walked towards the shower sighing at Mia's question.

"Yes darling I do, it's my first day back" He replied sadly. He was excited to go back to work but sad to not be able to spend their first day as a married couple together "But I bet Angela would like to see you again and maybe you could help us" he said flashing Mia a smile over his shoulder. She quickly sprang from the bed and joined him in the shower. Today was going to be a good day.

Mia and Booth quickly showered and a little more. It was a good job Booth had set his alarm earlier than usual expecting some form of morning fun. As soon as they had actually cleaned themselves Seeley exited the shower getting dressed into his usual work suit with the usual cocky belt buckle, bright socks and patterned tie. Mia had never actually seen Booth in his Agent outfit before and she could see why everyone told him what he needed to know.

"Nice belt buckle" Mia said, pulling Booth towards her using his tie. Kissing him deeply.

"Nice towel" he said, grabbing a corner of the aforementioned towel leaving Mia completely naked. Kissing her deeply he realised they were in trouble. They would never get to the Jeffersonian at this rate. Carefully parting himself from Mia he smiled at her.

"Clothes" he said firmly, straightening himself out and collecting his car keys. "I'll meet you in the car" he finished closing the door to the apartment.

Within 5 minutes Mia had pulled on one of Booth's t-shirts and a pair of her jeans as well as Booth's leather jacket with her gun still in the pocket. As she grabbed her purse from the couch she checked it contained her wallet and her car keys even though her car wasn't there she was desperate to keep those keys safe. She finally pulled on her favourite combat boots before locking the door to Seeley's apartment and ran down the stairs immediately jumping into his black Toyota Sequoia.

As Booth drove to the Jeffersonian he kept his hand on Mia's leg. This was the dream for Mia. She would finally get to see Booth in full Agent mode. Usually, Mia only saw Booth in his off-duty state. She carefully slid her boot-clad feet up onto the dash earning a glare from Booth so she quickly dropped them back into the footwell.

Most mornings Seeley would go to the FBI office to work there until he was needed by the team at the Jeffersonian or a body was found but this morning he needed to take Mia to see everyone there. He didn't want her to be alone the day after Stella had left so Angela was the best person to look after her. Plus if he left her alone Max could attack and the Jeffersonian was the safest place he could think of aside from his office.

As they pulled up at the Jeffersonian Seeley could tell Mia was excited to see where he worked even if he worked for the FBI. By the time he had parked the car, Mia was practically vibrating with excitement. He wasn't sure if it was because she got to watch him at work or because she was going to see what he did when she wasn't with him. Once the car was successfully parked Seeley and Mia went into the Jeffersonian Institute. They shared a short kiss once they reached the area where Bones, Angela and Hodgins worked before Seeley rushed off stating he needed to get Bones to court to testify. Mia wandered around desperately trying to find someone she recognised but unfortunately for her Angela and Hodgins were nowhere to be found.

As Seeley and Temperance were about to leave an intern stopped them to get approval on some tissue markers. Little did Agent Booth know but this one conversation was about to change his entire day. Possibly his entire life.