The Reveal

While Mia and Stella were gone, Booth decided to finally come clean about the situation with Mia and Bones. He just didn't want to say it with Bones in the room. He knew the knowledge of her sister existing and her father being alive would be almost enough to push Bones over the edge.

"Bones?" he asked. She quickly turned to look at him. "Could you grab me a coffee, please?"

"I'm not sure you should have coffee in your condition" Bones replied, looking at Booth in a concerned way.

"Fine, could you get me a cookie, please? I'm starving, and these doughnuts aren't great" he lied, knowing the chances of Bones seeing through it were slim. As expected, Bones didn't argue anymore and left the room to get his cookie. Since it was nearly lunchtime, he was expecting her to be gone for at least 15 minutes.

"Why'd you send Brennan away?" asked Angela with a confused look on her face.

"I have something important to say, but I can't have her here when I do, and I need you all to listen" Seeley explained, watching each of the other people in the room carefully. They all nodded, showing they agreed to what he said. "I don't want you to ask too many questions or mention this to Mia or Bones, okay?" Again, they all nodded. "Mia is Bones' sister. I don't know if she remembers her, but Russ does. And their dad is still alive and called Mia the night I came back to DC threatening Mia, me, and Bones, we think. I don't know what to do. Mia is settled enough and has recovered enough to be able to talk to her dad but I don't know if she's ready to know who Bones is and I'm not sure how Bones will take all this" He finished explaining, noticing everyone else had their hands up to ask questions.

"Came back to DC?" Jack asked, looking confused.

"Yeah, I have spent every week off in Texas with Mia for the last five years" Seeley explained, blushing slightly. Jack raised his hand again, but Booth chose to ignore it.

"How serious is this threat?" Cam asked, feeling it was the most important question to come from Booth's confession.

"Max is a criminal who robbed banks and killed people, so I don't know, plus he only calls when I am not there. He's watching Mia and maybe Bones since he mentioned that I like getting close to his daughters" Seeley explained watching everyone else tense "We don't know what he looks like at the minute since Mia hasn't seen him since she was about 16" at that moment Bones walked in completely killing the conversation. Luckily, everyone took the incentive to dispose of the evidence of his lies, and the doughnut box was empty.

"Thanks, Bones," he said as she passed the bag containing the cookie across to him.

The team stayed and talked to Booth all afternoon about Mia and Texas and what exactly he did when he wasn't in Washington with them since Bones knew about Mia. When Mia and Stella returned at about 6 pm Booth was surprised because he was expecting that Mia would find being in Washington too anxiety-inducing to stay out for too long but she trusted Stella with her life and the two women alone in a new city had been an adventure for them. Although Mia had returned to Seeley a little drunk and Stella was living on a sugar high at the moment. Clearly, they had a lovely day exploring the city.