The Marriage

Mia was calm in Seeley's arms. If you ever told her she would be slow dancing with her FBI agent in a beautiful dress surrounded by rich, important people she would have laughed. But here she was hair and makeup done dancing with the man she had loved for the past five years in one of the most beautiful dresses she had ever worn. It was a perfect moment she never wanted to end.

"Marry me and always be mine" Seeley whispered into Mia's ear a cocky smile on his face. He did look gorgeous but was now the right time Mia thought to herself.

"Okay" Mia says smiling back at Seeley "When?" she asked, wanting clarification on the plan.

"Now?" Seeley asked with a grin before pulling Mia towards the exit of the building "I know I love you and we've lived together before so let's stop wasting time and just do it" Mia giggled at the last part of his sentence.

"Are you sure you want this?" Mia asked Booth as he was dragging through the corridors to the main entrance.

"A million percent" He replied, placing a soft, sweet kiss on her forehead.

"Let's go" Mia said as was pulled towards the door of the Jeffersonian by Booth. This moment was perfect. Except Mia had a sudden thought about their plan. "We'll need witnesses," Mia said, digging her feet into the floor the best she could in 4-inch heels. She barely needed persuading to go with his crazy plan.

Booth spun on his heels telling Mia to wait exactly there while he found witnesses for their marriage. He didn't want to call it a wedding since Mia deserved the whole thing, not just a church with two witnesses in the middle of the night. There would be no family and friends. No white dress. Not even a proper celebration. No honeymoon. He silently promised himself that they would do it again. Properly. Maybe in a few years. Between Max and Pelant the quicker and quieter they could do it the safer it would be.

He quietly re-entered the gala to find some people to witness the wedding. It was surprisingly easy to persuade Hodgins and Angela to be their witnesses. As he returned to the doors, he found Mia standing exactly where he'd left her staring at the stars. It was the most comforting thing that had happened that night. The longer he thought about marrying Mia the crazier it seemed but also the more right it felt in his heart. Angela and Hodgins were quickly following along after him. Seeley carefully placed his jacket around Mia's shoulders guessing by now she would probably be getting cold.

"Ready?" he asked the small group of people he had collected by the main doors to the Jeffersonian.

"We are if you are" Hodgins replied standing behind Mia and Booth who both nodded before walking out the doors into the rain. Instantly all four of them began laughing. Booth quickly began running towards his church. Luckily it was only a few blocks from the Jeffersonian not that they would ever expect him to turn up in the middle of the night asking to get married. If he hadn't already warned them.

By the time they reached the church all four of them were soaked but they were still laughing. They quickly opened the heavy wooden doors to the church. As soon as the door opened they noticed a priest standing at the end of the aisle waiting for them holding some flowers. That was weird Mia thought to herself. Maybe the priest was psychic.

"I made a call" Seeley whispered to her, planting a kiss on her forehead. "Even if we're doing this quick we're doing it right" he finished before walking down to stand by the priest. 

Hodgins followed obligingly before collecting the flowers and meeting Angela halfway down the aisle to pass them over to Mia ready for the wedding. They had something old Mia was wearing her mum's dolphin anklet. They had something new Mia's dress bought specially for the gala earlier in the evening. Something borrowed was a necklace Angela had just put around Mia's neck. The something blue they needed was from the bouquet the priest had provided them with. For a rushed wedding, it was going to be perfect. Mia wasn't even sure she wanted the big wedding she always dreamed of anymore because this was the most perfect evening of her life. She couldn't imagine it any other way.