The Other Psychologist

In the two weeks since her adventure below ground, Seeley Booth hadn't let his wife out of his sight, apart from for work and even then they were texting all day. Mia had quickly jumped into helping the team with their cases usually appearing in the lab wearing one of the collection of leather jackets the couple seemed to own. Temperance however was less than happy with her sister's attire and presence in her safe space but was now at least talking to her sister rather than completely ignoring her. 

For the most part life for the Jeffersonian employees had returned to normal. Russ and Max had disappeared back to their own lives with the promise of phone calls and the team were happily adjusting to their new member. But today that was all going to change. 

"Ready for your last day Dr Keenan" Asked Seeley as they prepared to head into the Jeffersonian for another case. 

"Never" Mia replied sadly "I'll miss everyone" She quickly pulled on her jacket covering the fact that she was wearing one of Seeley's shirts again. 

"Come on Dr Keenan" Seeley said holding the door open hoping this time he might get a reaction from his wife. 

"You never call me Dr Keenan, Agent Booth" Mia replied smiling across at him. Today was the first day they had actually travelled to work together

"You never called me Agent Booth, Dr Keenan" Seeley replied smirking at his wife before locking the apartment door. 

The drive to the institute was quiet neither of them knowing what to say. It had been great working together but they were both upset that it was ending. Mia decided to speak as they pulled up outside the institute. 

"What do you think the new psychologist will be like?" Mia asked her husband. 

"Hot, sexy, drop-dead gorgeous and just my type" He replied kissing her cheek. She knew he was joking the FBI would never tell him who they had chosen. 

They sat in silence looking at the building for a few minutes. They knew they had to go in separately and pretend like they were friends. That was the rule from the FBI. Keep it on the down-low. No one was supposed to know. 

"see you in there" Mia said slipping out of the passenger side of the car. Within seconds she had a text from Booth 'I love you and I can't wait to kiss you'. She carefully turned back to the car and smirked at her husband who was watching her walk away. 

Seeley spent another minute just watching her and appreciated exactly how far they had come and how lucky he was to have her in his life. That woman was something else. Reluctantly Booth got out of the car and headed into the Jeffersonian.

As he walked through the corridors of the building it seemed quiet. Too quiet. The panic rose in Seeley's chest. Something was wrong. He began running towards the main laboratory area. Once he got to his intended location he slid to a stop. They were all there staring at a collection of bones on the table. 

"Where's the fire?" Asked Jack noticing the panicked look on Booth's face. 

"No fire" Booth said awkwardly "Just thought it was too quiet around here" 

"We have a skeleton" Brennan said indicating to the table.

"I can see" Booth replied looking at the collection of squints. His wife was missing from the table. "What do we know?" Booth asked curiously. 

"25-year-old male with blunt force trauma to the back of his head" Brennan said quickly before returning to studying her bones. Her interns, Angela and Jack smiled at Booth before he wandered off the platform and towards the offices. 

Booth quietly walked along the wall of offices glancing in the windows until he reached the last one. There she was glasses on reading through files on her desk. Leaving notes attached to each file. He just watched her. She was perfect. For a few minutes, he watched her until his phone rang. The name flashing up on his screen was the FBI Director.