Sparks Unleashed

3rd Person POV:

Y/n's heart was racing. She made it to the semi finals!!! Sure it was just due to some lucky circumstances, but that didn't mean she could give up this round. From who had won she would either be up against Tokoyami, Todoroki, or Kirishima/ Bakugou depending on the results of this final battle. 

She needed a plan to make it to the last round. Y/n found herself running down the bleachers to the arena once again. She ran down the hallway to the nurse's office to talk to Izuku. She stepped into the room and her eyes caught the gaze of the green haired boy. His face lit up for a moment before going blank like before. 

"What do you need y/n?" The way he asked that question sounded more like a statement. "I wanted to check in on you again. You were still passed out when I came to see how you were doing earlier." The boy stayed silent. "Uh I lost my second match." No response. "But I get to move to the next round because Iida had some family business come up. I have to fight either Tokoyami, Todoroki, or K-" "Cool." 

Y/n didn't understand why Izuku was suddenly so upset with her. "Are you mad because I wasn't on your team in the cavalry battle?" The girl's expression grew sad, causing Izuku's eyes to widen slightly in concern. "Or do you hate me because of my father? Is it because I didn't tell you? Is it because I only made it this far because of technicalities? What did I do to you Izuku?"

Tears began to form in Izuku's eyes, and as he blinked, they slowly slipped down his cheeks. "No you didn't do anything wrong! I don't know what's wrong with me! I just got so angry when I saw you with those 1-B kids. I had no right to act this way and I'm a horrible friend. I'm so sorry y/n!!!" Y/n sat next to the boy pulling him into a hug. "It's ok Izuku, today's been stressful. Wanna know how you can make it up to me?" The boy looked up, his tears coming to a halt, and his sad expression replaced with one of curiosity. "Help me make a plan to win this round. I'll go check the list to see who I have to fight." The boy nodded and y/n ran out of the room to go see who won and check the list. 

It read:

-Tokoyami vs Bakugou

-Y/n vs Todoroki

She read the first pairing. 'That must mean Kirishima lost'  As she made a mental note to watch the recording of their fight later she realized something. She was up against Todoroki. Oh no. She ran back to the nurse's office to make a plan with Izuku before the battles started.

After 15 minutes, Midnight's whistle rang through the air signifying that the first of the two battles had begun. It was over quickly, because poor Tokoyami's dark shadow was practically useless up against Bakugou's bright explosions. He was forced out of bounds fairly quickly and Bakugou walked away without a scratch. As he passed y/n, who was about to step up onto the stage he said, "You better beat Icy Hot so I can kick your ass." and with that he walked away. What a weirdo.

Y/n stepped onto the stage as Present Mic announced the final battle of this round. She was up against Todoroki, the prodigious ice and fire user. The audience buzzed with anticipation, eager to witness the fire powers Todoroki had finally unleashed again. Midnight blew her whistle.

The battle commenced as Todoroki activated his icy powers, unleashing a chilling gust of wind towards y/n. Her quirk allowed her to analyze his movements with precision, enabling her to evade the oncoming attack. She continued to dodge all of his attacks, occasionally getting knocked down for a moment, but getting right back up. She still couldn't manage to get close to Todoroki, which meant she couldn't deal any damage.

1st Person POV:

As the battle intensified, I noticed a strange sensation coursing through my body. It felt like that same current of electricity from my first match, crackling with energy. Confused yet intrigued, I focused my attention on Todoroki, hoping something would happen and save my ass.

As Todoroki prepared to unleash a powerful wave of fire, I realized it really was me who short circuited Denki in the first round. With a newfound surge of confidence, I attempted to tap into this latent power.

With a resounding roar, Endeavor yelled out to his son. Todoroki grimaced and immediately stopped using flames. I chuckled a bit to myself, thinking about how much I would kill to be in Todoroki's shoes. Having a dad who cheers you on, are you kidding? The more I thought of my father, the stronger the electric feeling grew. I felt it flowing out of my body, as a tempestuous maelstrom of wind and rain picked up out of nowhere. The intense storm enveloped the arena, obscuring the vision of both the audience and my opponent.

Present Mic's voice could be heard throughout the arena. "What? Is this some sort of hidden quirk?" I couldn't move. I didn't know how to control this new power or if it was even me causing this. In all of the confusion, I calmed down, as did the storm. The sky became clear, the winds slowed, and everyone could see again.

Todoroki didn't waste a second in attacking again. I got ready to dodge, but I locked eyes with my father. I felt the cold electricity charging inside of me. I couldn't contain it anymore. A burst of purple lightning spread out across the stage, striking Todoroki, and the storm picked up once again. The electric attack had spread so far across the arena, it hit Tokoyami, who was just sitting on the bench near the exit. He was out like a lightbulb. My fingers zapped, and I felt faint. The rain poured harder than ever, and the wind was so strong it nearly blew me right out of the arena.

Looking back at my father once more, who looked like he had seen a ghost, I felt the rage growing. The small zaps of energy at my fingertips grew up my arms and spread over my entire body, my veins glowing purple. Everything was so loud, until it stopped. The audience was still. I looked down at my arms; they were normal again. I sighed but quickly choked when the energy came back tenfold, my eyes now glowing to match my arms. A final burst of lightning danced across the stage. The last thing I saw was my opponent covering himself in ice, then the world went black.

3rd Person POV:

Whistle.

1146 words

Author's Note: Heyy I hope everything is making sense!! Just let me know if something isn't lining up! I love you guys! Enjoy!

-Albion Orion