Easy Winnings and Hard Losses

3rd Person POV:

Y/n was so excited that she got to continue on to the next challenge, but she had no time to prepare or any clue who she was up against. She ran down the bleachers hand in hand with Tetsutetsu down to the arena wall where the fight list had been posted.

The list: 

-Ashido Mina vs Aoyama Yuga

-Kaminari Denki vs Suzuki Y/n

-Midoriya Izuku vs Shinsou Hitoshi

-Todoroki Shoto vs Sero Hanta

-Iida Tenya vs Mei Hatsume

-Tokoyami Fumikage vs Momo Yaoyorozu

-Kirishima Eijiro vs Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu

-Bakugou Katsuki vs Ochaco Ururaka

'Oh no' Going up against Denki could be difficult. It would be especially hard because he would have all of his power due to having an hour worth of rest. Y/n would need a plan. Tetsutetsu had left to go watch with Kirishima so she was left alone. She went up to where Izuku was sitting and sat next to him. Midnight blew a whistle signifying the first battle was beginning.

The boy had his face buried in his notebook. He was probably more nervous for this than she was. "Izuku?" She got the boy's attention. "Do you think you could help me come up with a plan to beat Denki? It's totally ok if you need to focus on your own battle, I'm just worried he'll be way too powerful in the first round." 

Izuku looked back at her with dull eyes and a bored expression. "Why don't you just use your strength quirk from training and USJ and punch him really hard?" He stared at the girl. "I don't know how to activate it. That's the pro-" She was cut off. "I don't know, why don't you get Tetsutetsu to help you or something." With that the boy turned away from the girl and buried his face back into his book. 

The sound of Midnight's whistle rang through the air once again, which meant y/n was just gonna have to pray for the best. She made her way down to the arena while they fixed any damage done to the stage and stretched. Present Mic announced their fight and she and Denki walked onto the stage. The two came to meet in the middle. Y/n held out her hand for Denki to shake. Midnight blew her whistle and he grabbed it and shook.

Y/n felt electricity coursing through her veins. The air around the two grew cold. "How are you doing that?" Denki looked into y/n eyes. "What are you talking about? You're the one with the electricity quirk." The girl responded. "No it's not me!" The two tried to let go but their hands were stuck together. Y/n felt her hair raising with static electricity. "Denki cut it out you might kill me!" She yelled at the boy. "I told you its not ME!!!" 

Denki looked like he was telling the truth. Y/n felt the electricity growing stronger and closed her eyes hoping it would stop and it did. She looked back at her opponent who had short circuited. He had let go of her hand and began to wander. He walked right out of the arena. Whistle. It was over. 

As y/n was stepping off of the stage, Izuku was getting on. "Good luck Izuku!!" She went to high five the boy but he just ignored her. What did I do Izuku won his match. The final match of the first round ended and they announced a short break and redo battle for Kirishima and Tetsutetsu.

Kirishima and Tetsutetsu arm wrestled for a solid 10 minutes until Kirishima managed to push Tetsutetsu's hand down. The second round list was posted. It read:

-Midoriya Izuku vs Todoroki Shoto

-Suzuki Y/n vs Iida Tenya

-Ashido Mina vs Tokoyami Fumikage

-Kirishima Eijiro vs Bakugou Katsuki

Y/n tried to talk to Izuku again, but since his match was conveniently first, he just ignored her once again. She sat on the bench right by the stage, her match was second after all. The match between Izuku and Todoroki was intense. There was lots of screaming and Todoroki used his fire and then his dad screamed. Talk about embarrassing. In the end Todoroki beat Izuku and the poor boy had to be taken to recovery girl.

As worried as y/n was for her friend's health, she had to focus on her match. They took about 5 minutes to fix the stage and then announced the next match.

Y/n stepped onto the grand stage, the crowd erupting into cheers and applause. Across from her stood Tenya Iida, a well-respected student from her class. His incredible speed and agility had earned him the title of "Ingenium", after his Pro Hero brother.

Midnight signaled the start of the match, and y/n activated her quirk. Instantly, the world around her transformed, every detail becoming vivid and clear. She could see Iida's every move, his muscles tensing as he prepared to unleash his speed.

Iida wasted no time, activating his own Quirk, "Engine," which granted him superhuman speed. In an instant, he dashed towards y/n like a blur, leaving a gust of wind in his wake. Y/n's enhanced vision allowed her to track his movements with precision, but she had little time to react.

With lightning-fast speed, Iida closed the distance between them. His fist shot forward, aiming for her side. However, her eye-zooming granted her the ability to perceive his movements in intricate detail. The girl swiftly sidestepped Iida's attack, her enhanced reflexes and perception allowing her to avoid his strike. The crowd gasped in astonishment at her quick thinking.

Feeling a surge of confidence, y/n attempted to counterattack. However, Iida's incredible speed proved too much for her enhanced vision to keep up with. In a flash, he launched a series of rapid strikes, each one landing precisely, overwhelming his classmate's defenses.

Her attacks and blocks couldn't match the sheer speed of Iida's attacks. Despite her best efforts, she found herself unable to keep up. The match concluded almost as soon as it began, with Iida emerging as the victor.

Y/n lay on the ground, defeated and bruised. Iida approached her, a mixture of concern and respect in his eyes. "That was impressive," he said, extending a hand to help her up. "But even enhanced vision has its limitations. You fought well, y/n."

With a nod of gratitude, y/n accepted Iida's hand and rose to her feet. "Thank you Iida! You fought well too!" She had learned a valuable lesson. There were limits to what she could achieve. It was a humbling experience, one that would drive her to train harder and find ways to overcome her weaknesses. If only she knew how to activate that stupid strength quirk.

After her match she went to go see Izuku in the nurses office. He was completely knocked out so she turned around to go back to the bleachers. As she was leaving she ran into her father. He looked down at her, but she just side stepped and continued back to the arena. She found her spot by Tetsutetsu again and the two talked about their loses. The third match was pretty quick, but Kirishima and Bakugou sure were taking their sweet time. 

Y/n yawned, waiting for the match to end, as she was tapped on the shoulder by Present Mic. "Yo! Suzuki! You'll be heading on into the next round!! Iida had to forfeit due to some family business. Be ready to do your best!" The blonde pointed finger guns at y/n as he headed back up to the announcer's booth.

'Wow I keep getting really lucky'

1272 words

Author's Note: Hey you guysss Enjoyyy

-Albion Orion