Chapter Three

Bri's POV

"I...um...uh," I muttered pathetically trying to come up with a reason.

Cole grabbed my hand and carefully walked me out of the school.

"Who did this Bri?" he questioned once more.

"Nobody, I'm just really clumsy and while I was getting water last night I tripped and fell down the stairs," I tried to cover up.

His eyes continued to scan me, looking for the truth.

He sighed deeply. "I have trouble believing that, but you're clearly not going to tell me what actually happened so I'm not going to pry. But, if you ever and I mean ever have even a scratch on your perfect face again, I will figure it out," he spoke.

A small blush grew to my cheek, he said my face was perfect. I could feel the ends of my mouth curl up ever so slightly.

The rest of the day was slow and boring, although I got to see my mate in class and at lunch.

"Hey, ready to go work?" Cole asked sweetly.

Realization suddenly hit me as I remembered about our project.

"Yeah, but we need to actually work this time," I giggled.

"I agree," he chuckled, making my stomach flutter with butterflies.

We walked over to his car and drove to his house. We worked on the project and continued to get to know each other.

I glanced at my phone and noticed it was five, that was enough working for today. "I think that's enough progress for today don't you?" I sweetly asked.

"Yeah, are you gonna walk home? Or should I give you a ride?" he asked.

"I'll walk home, besides it's a beautiful day," I smiled. Being near him made me forget what I had to go home to. He made me forget my pain and I loved it.

"Okay, I'll text you later then," he said while walking me out.

Once again I placed a small kiss on his cheek, as I was walking away I was swiftly pulled back and brought carefully into his embrace.

I looked into his darkening eyes as they fell to my lips. Slowly Cole closed the gap between us placing a kiss upon my lips. My wolf fluttered with happiness.

The kiss was short and sweet, but it was like a high and I never wanted to come down.

I turned away and began to walk home, a smile planted on my face.

Cole's POV

I had been waiting to kiss her since the second her greens eyes met with mine. She was the definition of perfection. Her green eyes contrasted with her lushes tan skin, her hair complimented her face perfectly. Everything about my mate was perfect. Once my lips touched hers I felt sparks fly, dancing across our lips. Although it was short it was one of the best moments of my life.

In any other circumstances, I would've marked her by now, but I could tell that she had been through a lot and wasn't ready for that. I wanted to make sure she wanted me as much as I wanted her.

I was worried about my poor little mate, she came to school with a large bruise on her face that she had tried to cover up, claiming that she had fallen down the stairs. If the bruise wasn't so dark I would've believed her, but I knew that there was no way that that bruise wasn't inflicted.

Although it's a complete invasion of her privacy I decided I would follow her. I wasn't going to stay there, I just wanted to know where she lived so I could check up on her when I pleased. I know it was messed up and totally stalkerish but my wolf was on edge, he needed this more than I did.