Chapter Seven

Bri's POV

A few days ago was the beginning of my pathetic downfall. It had been a week since the incident with Cole. I hadn't eaten since that night, I simply wasn't hungry. I hadn't left the bed besides getting up to go to the bathroom or sitting on the window sill watching the world go on without me. I couldn't sleep, every time I closed my eyes I saw him. Cole had tried desperately to get to me, each time miserably failing. I was no longer Brianna, I was just a porcelain shell, slowly weathering away.

I no longer went to school, no matter how many times Cole had begged me to. Everyday he would come in and sit with me, not speaking a word. I couldn't be in the same room with him for too long without thinking about what happened. Guilt was eating me alive.

My wolf no longer talked to me, disgusted by the fact I couldn't be in the same room as my mate. She blamed me for this, I can't argue though, this is all my fault.

I got up to take a long and needed bath. Hopefully this would take my mind off things. I turned on the water as hot as it could go and filled up the bath. I stepped in and winced at the scorching temperature. I laid down and just soaked, my skin becoming red.

I dunked my head under, feeling the heat on my face. I tried going back up, but I couldn't. I opened my eyes to see if someone was holding me down, but there was no one there. I desperately tried to get air, but failed. I thrashed around trying to go up.

A pair of hands yanked me out of the water. I gasped for air. A towel wrapped around my body.

"Bri what the hell were you thinking?!" Cole yelled. His face showed hurt all over.

"I....I didn't do it," I sobbed.

"Bri there's no one else here," he screamed. Anger was clear in his voice.

I looked away from him, too cowardly to face him. I'm pathetic. "Bri, please let me help you," he cried.

"I think I need to go back with my brother for a while," I said, barely audible.

"No," he growled, his eyes turning navy blue.

I whimpered and recoiled back, he terrified me. I nodded still not looking at him.

"If I let you do that, who's gonna stop you next time you try something stupid?" he said asking himself more then asking me. "What can I do to help you?" he begged.

Cole's POV

Bri's state was really taking a toll on me. I did everything I could to try to comfort her, but my mere presents disgusted her. Our connection was getting weaker and weaker. She wasn't eating or sleeping, she rarely left even the bed. I was so worried about her. My little mate was broken and I couldn't do anything to help her.

I sit with her every day hoping she'll speak to me, but she never does. I'm at a loss of what to do with her. I want my mate to feel safe with me, not scared.

I went into our room to visit her like I did ever day. She was no where to be found. I heard the thrashing of water and light screams coming from the bathroom. I ran in to see my mate thrashing in the water, her head under. I yanked her out and wrapped her body in a towel. She desperately gasped for air.

"Bri what the hell were you thinking?" I yelled with rage. She tried to kill herself. I can't believe her. My heart ached with pain.

"I....I didn't do it," she cried out. I couldn't believe her. There was no one else in the room but her and I.

"Bri there's no one else here," I screamed. How could she do this? She would leave me just like that? Leave me to suffer, how selfish of her. "Bri, please let me help you," I cried to her hurt.

"I think I need to go back with my brother for a while," she said quietly.

"No," my wolf growled taking over for a moment. It was taking ever part of my to control my wolf and stop him from marking her without her consent.

She whimpered away from me. It hurt seeing her like this, I just couldn't stand it.

"If I let you do that, who's gonna stop you next time you try something stupid?" I asked. "What can I do to help you?" I begged her to respond.

"I don't know," she said. I felt relived to finally hear her voice not at the low volume of a whisper. "Every time I see you, touch you," she said, reluctantly putting her hand on my arm. "I see him."

"But it's me, it's Cole and I will never let him touch you again," I assured her.

"My wolf won't talk to me. She's cut off all connections to me," she cried to me.

I carefully pulled her to me. "Please stop fighting me, let it happen. She'll come back, I promise. I can feel her as well as my wolf," I tried to sooth her.

I ran my hand down her naked back, her breath hitched as I did. A small smile rose to my face. "I'll make it go away," I whispered in her ear, sending a chill down her spine.

Bri's POV

His hand ran down my back. "I'll make it go away," he whispered, sending chills throughout my body. Slowly he began to feather kisses on my ear. "You don't need to be in pain," he said continuing to press open mouth kisses on my jaw. My breath became heavy as I breathed in his scent surrounding me.

"I'm sorry," I whispered breathlessly.

"There's no need to be," he replied quietly. His kisses continued down my neck while he moved us to the bed. "I'm going to mark you now, and all your pain will go away," he said calmly.

I felt a small prick on my neck as he continued to kiss it. I bit my lip holding back the moan that threatened to escape. His teeth scraped across my skin. Everything that I felt washed away from me with each kiss.

His teeth then bit into my neck causing me to whimper in pain. Soon all the pain was replaced with pleasure. A moan escaped my lips loudly. I felt Cole's tongue lick my neck as he cleaned my wound.

A sudden wave of lust came over me, I wanted him. I kissed him back with all the passion I could put into it. I began do grind my hips on his.

"Bri," he said warning me. "Bri you don't want this. You're acting on impulse," he said breathlessly to me.

I continued to kiss him, moving to his strong jaw. I flowered kisses down his neck. My hands slid under his shirt, feeling his toned, hard abs.

"Bri," he growled. His hands grabbed my wrists. "You don't want this," he said looking away from me.

I pulled away from him and came to my senses. "I'm sorry," I whispered.

"Fuck, stop apologizing to me," he yelled growling at me.

"I—-" I stopped talking before I apologized again.

"Please, you don't need to apologize," he said caressing my cheek.

He kissed my lips lightly and pulled away.

"I love you," he whispered, resting his forehead on mine . "I understand if you don't feel the same way yet, but I needed to let you know that I am completely in love with you."