Chapter Thirteen

BRI

When I woke up, my head was pounding. It felt like I drank a pools worth of vodka and now I'm feeling it's wrath.

"The hangover should subside in a bit," a voice said. It sounded muffled as I realized my sense weren't quite in tact.

I open my eyes, blinking a couple of times to clear the blurriness. I looked around at what looked like to be some dark dungeon around me. It was cold and draft and smelled of musty socks.

"You bitch," I spat out as I saw her.

"Now, is that any way to treat your sister?" she said.

I stared at her blankly. It couldn't be, she's Cole's cousin. That would make us somehow related and to me, it just doesn't sound right.

"That's impossible," I yelled.

"Yeah you're right, but you should've seen the fear in your eyes when I said that," she said cackling.

"You're psychotic."

"Probably true," she said with a smirk that I could only describe as grotesque. "But, we are family in a way. You see, while you were having your whole little reclusive issues and wouldn't leave your room, I found my mate. And do you want to know who that is?" she said.

I cocked my eyebrow up, intrigued by what she was saying.

"I believe his name is John?" she said.

"I don't believe you, you're lying," I said through gritted teeth.

"But I'm not. Of course I don't have any real proof, but I can assure you," she said.

"Why Savannah, why are you doing this? I just don't understand what my father has to do with you."

"You see, your father was a very good friend of mine. Unfortunately, my father passed away a while ago. You probably didn't know, I was actually in your pack until my mother decided to move us to Cole's pack for help. Your father would leave you guys for a couple of days and he'd come take care of my mother and I. He soon became the closest thing to having a father in my life."

"So you let him brainwash you into doing his dirty work?"

"He's like my father and I love him. I'd do anything for him," she said.

"I thought we were friends Savannah, what happened to that? Why would you betray me, when you know what he's going to do to me?"

"Same reason I did it in the first place. He's like a father to me," she said.

"You can leave now," I said looking away from her.

"I was leaving anyway, I have to inform him you're awake," she said laughing.

COLE

"Where the fuck could she have gone?" I yelled, turning the pack house upside down looking for her.

She vanishes, no where to be found. I had asked everyone where she could be and no one knew where to look.

"C'mon man, you need to calm down. We'll find her I'm sure," Noah said.

"What if we don't Noah, what if her dad got her. She can't deal with that. I've tried everything, her mind link is cut off. What am I going to do?" I said sitting down putting my face in my hands.

"She's stronger than you think Cole, you know that. She's been through a lot of shit, she's not gonna give up that easily."

"Who do you think it was?" I asked.