Chapter Ten

It had already been two weeks since Cole was shot. Each day he didn't wake up was another possibility of me never seeing his crystal blue eyes. I sat by Cole's bedside, scared and alone. I didn't want to see anyone, not now, not ever. The only person I wanted to hear from was my mate and he was laying unconscious in front of me.

"Cole, I'm not sure how much longer I can take this," I whispered. I reached over and held his large calloused hand in my small one.

I sat there staring at his peaceful resting body, taking in every piece of him as if it was the last time I'd see him.

A knock on the door removed me from my trance. I blinked away the tears that threatened to spill over.

"Come in," I said with a hoarse voice.

"Bri, this isn't healthy. You need rest," Johnny said with authority.

"I won't be able to sleep with him in here. There's no point," I said looking him in the eye. He knew I was right.

"Just try to get some rest. Cole wouldn't wanna see you like this."

"That's bullshit Johnny. When I was hurt, Cole was the exact same way so don't give me that shit," I said angrily. "If you just came to say that then you can leave," I said before looking back at my mate.
I heard the door open quickly then quietly shut.

"Cole" I said quietly whimpering into his arm. "Please just wake up," I cried.

I moved into the bed with him and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I curled up against his body.
"I love you," I whispered into his ear. I heard a mutter from Cole, but brushed it off. I haven't slept in a while and my wolf misses Cole.

Sometime from when I laid down, I fell asleep to the even rhythms of Cole's heartbeat. It was the only reassurance I had.

"Bri, wake up," a low husky voice whispered in my ear sending my body into overdrive. "Bri," it said tauntingly.

I opened my eyes and met with his icy blue ones.

"Cole!" I screeched. I leapt on top of him and held him tightly in my embrace. I sobbed into his shoulder crying happy tears.

"It's okay, I'm okay," he said reassuringly.

"Don't ever do that to me again. They said that there was a possibility of you never waking up."

"When was the last time you got a good nights sleep?" he questioned ignoring me.

"Since the night before all of this happened," I said looking down, slightly ashamed.

He pulled me into his lap and rubbed the small amount of skin that was exposed from you shirt, sending sparks flying through my body.

"Sleep now, we'll talk later," he said quietly.

"Okay," I said while closing my eyes.

"I love you too," he whispered.

"You heard me," I smiled into his chest

"I heard you every time you said it. I think it's what truly made me wake up," he chuckled. "You saved me," he said squeezing me closer.

I cuddled up against him and was finally able to go to sleep.

When I woke up, it was dark and I was in our room rather than the room Cole had been staying in.

"Cole," I whispered.

I sat up from bed and noticed the cold empty spot beside me. Was he even here?

The door opened and Cole walked in. I let out a breath of relief, knowing that I hadn't dreamt it all.