chapter twenty-four

The plants outside of Julien's house began to wilt, her car looked like it hadn't been touched in a week. A dark cloud hung over the cozy house as Magnolia walked up the steps, it was late in the evening but she wasn't tired. Her adrenaline was pumping as she pressed the doorbell.

Julien was slumped on her kitchen floor, the house was a mess. Beans barked at the sound of the doorbell from her spot on the couch, which made her head pound.

It wasn't until the third press of the doorbell that Julien got up and opened the door. Both girls looked like hell, Julien's expression dropped upon seeing Magnolia.

"I drove God knows how long, the least you can do is let me in," her tone was stern.

Julien opened the door wider to let her in, revealing how the inside of the house looked. Shoes laid in the middle of her hallway, there were dirty and clean clothes thrown mindlessly around. The sink was full of dishes and placed on the floor right next to where Julien previously sat, was an unopened bottle of whisky.

Maggie took note of each thing, planning to clean up the house eventually. She knew her bedroom was probably going to be just as bad, but that wasn't her main priority.

"I am not going to stand here and pretend like what's going on is normal. You do not get to throw away our whole relationship! Julien, you make me worry and then you say you wanna break up!" Maggie was standing in front of her girlfriend, who now sat on her couch, next to her dog.

"I meant what I said, I'm sorry Magnolia," Julien couldn't keep eye contact with the girl.

"Don't call me that! You never call me by my full name! Julien, I can be here with you when you're having a hard time! You mean everything to me! Why didn't you just tell me?"

"You shouldn't have to deal with me, I'm just gonna slow you down! You deserve better! It isn't fair to you," Julien's voice was filled with agony as she started tearing up.

Maggie kneeled in front of her, grabbing her wrists. She knew that Julien didn't mean what she said because she still had the bracelet on. "Honey, you are my girlfriend. I love you."

It clicked in Julien's head that she had made a mistake. Sobs left her lips as her girlfriend moved next to her on the couch, holding her close as she cried.

"I've got you, baby. It's gonna be alright, I love you so much," Magnolia whispered, moving her girlfriend onto her lap. Her nails dug into Maggie's sides.

"I love you, Maggie."

---------------------------

a/n: I'm gonna be extremely busy tomorrow so have a chapter a day early!

i had to add a little angst so i hope you can forgive me 🙏

-A