chapter forty-nine

Maggie's Pov:
---------------------------

Emerging from the black car was a tall man with dark hair, he concealed his face as he entered our building. My breathing was heavy, I was pinned up against the wall, frozen in fear.

"Magnolia, we have to talk," his words were like venom, like daggers in my back.

"Quinn, call the cops. Use the phone in the back and call the cops," my tone was stern. They immediately complied, running to the back. "Brady, get the hell out of my store and leave me alone."

"You know we are meant to be together, come on! Why don't we just go back to my place?" he started walking closer to me.

"Stop moving, don't come any closer. You've been following me around everywhere I go, you've been stalking me. What makes you think that I would wanna be with you after you've been stalking me? You scare me, leave me alone," I was frozen in place, my mind was telling me to get the hell out of there but I couldn't move.

"Don't say that! You know you're still in love with me! Come on, let's go to my house," his hand gripped my wrist, leaving bruises where his fingers pressed.

He dragged me over to the door, I couldn't yell out for help. My hearing was spotty, I felt dizzy, and the next thing I fully remember was sitting in the back of an open ambulance.

"Magnolia, you're safe, he can't get you," a female police officer told me as she handed me a bottle of water.

"Can you call my girlfriend?" I weakly asked, I just wanted a hug from Julien. I took a small sip of the water, Quinn was talking with another officer a few feet away from the car that held Brady.

"She just got here," she pointed to Julien, who was sprinting over to me.

"I'm so glad you're okay," she wrapped me up in a hug, kissing the top of my head.

"So, Brady Jacobs will be brought back to the station and processed but will remain free on bail because the system is awful. He won't be allowed near you and will have an ankle monitor but just in case, is there a place you guys could stay?" The officer asked.

Julien and I glanced at each other, "Um, not really. I'm visiting from Tennessee and she lives with her friends. Could we have a moment alone to talk about something?"

"Of course, take your time," the officer smiled as she walked over to her coworker.

Julien sat next to me, swinging her arm around my shoulder. "I don't know how I feel about you living here in North Carolina anymore."

"It was so scary, I was just frozen. I don't think I could live here for much longer. I guess I could start to look for a place in a neighboring state," I shrugged, leaning my head on her shoulder.

"That's ridiculous, just move in with me. Before I got the call, Chloé had heard back from an animal rescue office and now has income coming in so they could keep the apartment. Please move in?" Julien almost pleaded.

"I'll move in, if it takes a traumatic event for us to move in with each other, then I guess it is what it is." I shrugged, placing my hand on her leg. "I bought your third record," I mumbled.

"If you didn't just get assaulted maybe I'd be a little annoyed but the only thing I care about right now is you."

---------------------------

a/n: The black car story is officially shut, i apologize for scaring you all, our favorite couple is okay 🙏

-A