Chapter 4

ᴊᴀᴍɪᴇ ᴘᴏᴠ

It was Thursday, and I was back at school, and the moment I stepped inside the halls I felt all eyes on me.

From the two days I was recovering at home from being sick, the news that Hanna and I had broken up had spread not only across school, but social media.

Sometimes, being the son of a known billionaire and the stepson of a famous actor sucked, even more now so that they were now married, making me newsworthy whenever something happened without my dad catching it fast enough.

My dad and Evan tried to make it less 'news' as possible, but it was out there in the public, and already too late to do anything, other than get on with my life.

I wanted a normal high school life, and this is just something that came with the territory of choosing your own destiny.

One of those things, were being in the spotlight, and just because I was uncomfortable, I was not going to run away like some coward.

"Hey Jamie." My friend, Leo came beside me, as I opened my locker to put my bag into.

"Heard about Hanna, sucks man but we all saw it coming."

I looked at him then scoffed, a small smile reaching my lips as I closed the locker. "Yeah."

There wasn't anything more to say about it, my friends had spammed me all day yesterday to get gossip out of me, and when I said nothing, Hanna had told them everything, which only made them spam me harder to ask if what she was saying was true.

"How are you doing? You look better than what I was told." He asked, as he walked beside me to our first class.

"What?" I looked at him confused.

"Hanna might be a bitch now, but she still cares about you, told us you saw a doctor and everything."

I hum out and shrug, wondering why she said that, despite the last time I saw her, she was slamming my door and almost breaking the glass, because we just broke up.

"Well, I'm fine now so."

We reached the classroom, and I took a seat in the back, near the window, where the quiet kids usually sit to not talk to anyone, but today I was claiming it as my own, as I got here first.

As more and more students started coming into the classroom and sitting down, the sooner the teacher came, but to my surprise our regular teacher didn't show up, but someone else.

Students chatting around me had quieted down as soon as he entered the room, smiling at us sitting down whilst holding a book in his hands, dressed more like a sub than a sport junkie, with his tie and sweater.

"Mrs. Kim is out sick today, so I'm afraid you all get me." Kit starts, picking up a pen and turning around to write on the whiteboard.

"Since I'm just a sub, and only a few years older than you seniors, you can call me Kit or Sir, the choice is yours." He said, once he signed his name on the board, along with a book page number.

He had yet to look at me, and considering what I did the last time I saw him, I thought he would spot me immediately, but luckily for me I was hunched over the table in front of me and being blocked by the girl in front of me.

"Alright, let's do some reading then I'll pass out a test, so just try your best, alright?" He said, before grabbing a stack of papers and handing them out.

Well, fuck.

I sat up straight in my chair and once I did so and Kit reached the back of the classroom, where I was sitting, he had spot me and done a double look as I looked away from him, awkwardly looking outside.