Chapter 32

ᴊᴀᴍɪᴇ ᴘᴏᴠ

It's been over thirty minutes, and there was no sign of Kit.

"He'll show up." I told my dad, for the third time, as Evan smiled reassuringly next to him.

Where the hell was he?

The moment five minutes past our meetup time, I couldn't help but wonder if he went back to England again without so much of a goodbye, that fear has been consuming me for thirty minutes now.

"Jamie, I'm sure he will." Evan says, as I look back at the door to the restaurant again.

Come on Kitt, where are you?

My phone starts to ring in my pocket, and before it becomes too loud I quickly answer it before looking at who was calling, putting the phone against my ear.

"Hello? This isn't a good tim-"

"T-This is Jamie, r-right?" A girl's voice asks, as I frown and lower the phone from my ear.

The caller ID was Kitt's number, so why was a girl phoning me?

"Why do you have Kitt's phone?" I ask, as the girl on the other end of the phone sobs quietly.

"Y-You met me, i-it's Amber... C-Christopher..." The line goes quiet as she takes a deep shaky breath.

"H-He's been stabbed, h-he's in emergency surgery, I know he was meant to meet you a-and I just thought you would like to k-know."

Before I could even open my mouth to speak, she hung up and ended the call, leaving me sitting there frozen as I stared at my empty place in front of me.

Kit got stabbed?

Emergency Surgery?

What, how, when and why?

There were a thousand things going through my head, but the one that had me afraid the most was I didn't know if Kit was alive or dead, and that scared the hell out of me.

"I.... I need to g-go." I stumble up from my seat, my whole body feeling like it's shaking from the cold.

"Jamie, who was it?" Evan asked, as I felt my heart beating in my throat.

"K-Ki... Christopher... he's.. he-" I struggled to say the words as tears glossed over my eyes.

"Donovan."

"I-I... I don't know what happened, K-Kit-" My heart was breaking and I didn't know what to do.

I couldn't lose him, not... not again.

"Jamie, everything will be alright." My dad's calm voice rings out.

"I'll find out what happened." My dad says, as I try to steady my breathing, my hands shaking profusely as my chest tightens as I stare at my dad talking to someone on the phone.

I watch as his eyes widen and then look down at me, I see his mouth moving but don't hear a word as I wait for something, anything that had to do with Kit, and where he was.

"He's close and in surgery, his family is on the way." My dad said, as Evan and my dad collected their things.

That was all there was to say as I rose to my feet and collected my coat from my chair and then my phone from the table as I followed behind my dad and Evan as we left the restaurant.

My world was spinning out of control but the only thing that was keeping me from losing my mind was the image of Kit being ok.

Tonight was supposed to be a fresh start, with him meeting my family for the first time, us... becoming something real, something concrete and something not only I dreamt of in a dream.