Chapter 8

ᴋɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

During the entire ride to work on my motorbike, I couldn't stop thinking of last night, and this morning.

Usually when I brought a girl, or a guy back to my apartment, we'd simply spend time together and then I'd never see them again, but this time it was different.

I couldn't have predicted any of this, the moment I laid my eyes on him I was infatuated with him, but then every time I saw him step into the same room as me, I just had to look at him.

Jamie Steele.

Of-course I had heard of his dad, and how he married a man, a well-known actor who were both straight up until they 'came out' together and declared they were getting married.

I had heard all about it, and how the son was 'happy for his dad' yet despite hearing that, there were no pictures of Jamie online, or in any articles, so until now I could never put a name to a face.

I've been here as a temp for over a week now, and on the very first day, I got to see just what the hype about this guy was all about, surely it wasn't just because his dad was a millionaire, married to someone famous.

No.

Jamie was beautiful, there were no other words to describe just how he looked, you'd just have to look at him and then you'd agree with me, man, woman or child, the moment he stepped into a room, all eyes shifted to him.

He was tall, well built and he had a pretty skin colour that looked tan all year round, but that wasn't what got me curious about him, or interested in him, no, it was how normal he was, despite living this incredible life.

He said whatever came to mind, maybe even sarcastic at times, sensitive yet strong, something about watching him around other people made me see just who he really was.

I knew from the first time I spoke to him, that if you weren't truly paying attention to his body language, you would never had known what he was thinking, or feeling.

Even now, knowing what I know from being around him. I still feel like there's so much more to learn about him.

What he likes, what he doesn't like, what he wants to do in the future...

I've never felt this way about another person before, sure I've dated guys before, but none of the guys I dated had ever made me feel this light, this childish and shy around them unlike Jamie did.

I was older than him, and I was behaving like a girl whenever I saw him, it was embarrassing, yet as long as he was looking at me, none of that bothered me.

══════════════════

School was almost over for the day, and with that in mind, I kept my eyes glued to my phone.

I had sent Jamie a text just now, and any minute the bell was going to ring, and just like that, I'd be closer to see him and talk to him, not in front of all these other students, and my nosy coworkers.

"Do you have a minute, Mr. Pierce" A student, Kelsey, comes up to me, smiling shyly at me.

"Hmm?" I continue putting away the volleyball's, as the student, a girl follows me. "Sure, what's up?"

I put away the last of the balls in storage and turn to face the petite girl with long dark hair, who looked as though she was struggling to speak as she shifted from foot to foot in front of me.

"Uh, well... I..." She stutters, her face growing red.

Oh... I see what this is.

Her face was red, she played with her fingers in her hand, and she couldn't look me properly in the eye, and within that moment I knew exactly what she wanted to do, and what to ask me.