Chapter 13

ᴊᴀᴍɪᴇ ᴘᴏᴠ

Graduation was around the corner, and with it came the stress of the future.

The stress however for me, simply only came from one person. "Jamie, are you listening?"

My dad sighed across the table as he put down his cup of black coffee. "I know you're an adult now, but at-least let me or Evan know when you're staying out."

'Staying out' was a wonderful way of putting it, despite that I only stayed inside the whole time I was 'out'.

"I'm listening." I put my fork down and looked across the table, seeing as my dad's husband, Evan, was looking uncomfortable with a piece of toast in his mouth.

"Cut him some slack, Donovan." Evan said, sighing at my dad. "He's seconds from becoming a drone to society, this will be the only time he gets to really have fun."

My dad glared at Evan. "He can have fun, but I also need to know where he goes, and who with."

Evan rolled his eyes and then looked at me, ignoring my dad currently staring daggers at him as Evan grins at me.

"So, where were you?"

I immediately felt uncomfortable with all eyes on me, and even though I was not ashamed of Kit, or our strange and new connection to each other, talking about it with my dad and Evan was just...

"I was just with a friend, nothing more." There was a time and place, and this was not the time to tell them that I might have a thing for another guy.

My dad sighs while Evan simply looks at me, a ghost smile creeping on his lips as I pull my attention away from both as my phone buzzes in my pocket.

I grab my phone and see that I had two texts, one from Kit, and one from Hanna.

ʜᴀɴɴᴀ: Are you free tonight? I really want you to meet that girl I was telling you about... she is throwing a party and I really want you to come!! Please, please pleaseeee x10000

ᴋɪᴛ: Change of plans, I am officially all yours tonight if you are cool with being seen with me in public? ;) I was thinking we could see a movie?

So, Hanna wanted me to meet 'her' the girl that my ex-girlfriend was crushing on, or seeing, either way, I did not know how to feel about it-

I could not be jealous, upset, or mad, not after what I did with Kit.

Still, a movie with Kit sounds better than a party with drunk people I do not know...

Then again, I was curious about who this girl was, and if she was good enough for Hanna, because even though we were not dating, I still cared about her.

This could also be perfect timing, if Kit wanted to see me tonight, I could bring him as a plus one to this party, that way I won't be blowing him off, and he'd finally get that time in public with me-

I sent Hanna a quick text.

Me: Can I plus a +1?

As I wait for Hanna to text me back, I listened to my dad and Evan talk about something on the news, until finally, a minute later, she texts me back.

ʜᴀɴɴᴀ: Ofc! As long as it's Mr. Sexy sub :)

I sighed and shook my head at her text then opened Kit's text to ask him if he wanted to come.

I didn't tell Kit anything about Hanna, and her new interest in another girl, so this was going to be awkward for not only me, but probably him too, as it really couldn't get more confusing than it already was.