4: Omega

"Papa!"

From a corner of the street, a toddler ran bolt towards Zhan.

He was beyond surprised. He was almost stupefied, halting his steps. Then an automatic reflex of crouching down to welcome the little boy in his arms occured to him. It was strange. So strange.

But the little one ran past him.

"Papa! Welcome back!" The childish voice cooed at his back followed by a reply of a low chuckle. "Your sense of smell is too good, Su'er. Were you a good boy with Aunt Qing?" The voice somewhat resonated in Zhan, familiar yet not really.

But this alpha couldn't care less.

Zhan grunted, partly insulted being ignored by the audacity of the child whom he had opened his arms to accommodate.

He would have just continued his search for Wen Ning forthwith...but then, there was this scent. A gentle breeze carried a scent that scarred Zhan's sentience.

'Citrus and night-blooming jasmine.' His sharp senses couldn't be mistaken.

His face instantaneously darkened, oppressive woody pheromones smothering the surroundings. The menace turned around to see his prey. 

He had subdued the poor thing which made Zhan's lips twitch in proud victory. On his knees, struggling to cover his nose and mouth which were useless tries, was a younger man with the child. Submissive. An omega. Zhan's smile was evil.

'He was the one.' Zhan was assured. His pupils dilate, blown out, elated.

He peered through him. Scanned his skin which was tanned by hours working under the sun. Appraised the worn out fabrics he had covered himself with.

"Stand." The command was simple and the other complied with wobbly legs and ragged breaths. His fear makes Zhan feel more supreme. The alpha's head tilted, quizzically thinking how this guy managed to climb on his bed, let alone enter his home in the past.

His claws which were pinning to break something pulled the other's hands off his face. Zhan's brain momentarily cloud. 'Was the face unforgettable?' Zhan was conflicted where he had seen him or if he had seen him. 

"Your name." He required and the omega bit his trembling lips fighting the urge to spill the beans. Zhan found it amusing yet vexing. His phoenix eyes subtly squinted, still fixated at his victim, putting one and one together inside his head. 

And finally, his brain supplied the answers. 

A low guttural laugh echoed in the empty streets. Zhan was pleased with himself but this mirth meant death sentence to the other. 

He eyed him again, this time with obvious mock. "You think you can run forever?" Each word said reeks of vile sarcasm. The omega's hand he had grasped awhile ago was being crushed slowly in his palm. "Lan Yibo," the cursed name felt heaven this time around, "what do you take me for?"

---------------

A/N:

Is this meeting good or bad?

21/7/23