7: Yibo to Zhan

Lan Yibo was Zhan's.

Zhan's hand trembled. For once, he wanted to be lenient and to be understanding. This softness was all new to him and makes him pregnable.

He plopped on the bed besides the omega. Wanting to be close, wanting to stay. But why?

Elbows on his knees and hands on his throbbing forehead, a ceaseless guilty feeling ruins him.

'He turned him.'

The uncertainty in Zhan's expression was out of his character. Yibo knew him as unaffectionate, indifferent, cold.

An ache bloomed in Yibo's heart. He remembered his childhood. An orphan.

He had Zhan. He wanted to have Zhan. But the older brother never heed his way.

Yibo felt silly as a child. At six, he drew stick figures of them playing in the garden. A wishful dream. He doesn't know how his Gege looks like so he had to ask his caretakers.

'He is handsome.' One said.

'He is tall and has long legs.' The other commented.

'He always wears black.' The third received a slap from the other two.

Yibo eagerly drew the stranger as described.

He waited for Zhan's room door to open when he knocked, but it never did. So he slid the paper under the gap.

He was happy then. Hopeful that his Gege will come and praise him.

But days had gone by with no response from the older.

When he started school, he did the same and pushed his first perfectly scored math test under Zhan's door. He waited again. Patiently. But like the first try, Zhan never wanted to acknowledge him.

At eleven, he heard the gossips that his Gege had his first rut and was brought to the hospital. The innocent teenager doesn't knew what it meant but understand that his Gege was ill.

He pleaded his driver Feng-ge to bring him to see Zhan and the empathetic driver reluctantly do him the favour.

Fortunately or rather unfortunately, fate intervened again. Before he could open the door to Zhan's hospital room, he heard noises of things breaking inside and a roaring command that still echoes in Yibo's mind upto this day, "Remove all omegas from the house and the office. Despicable omegas!" There was too much anger in him.

At twelve, Yibo prayed to never be an omega. He will be kicked out too if he presented as one. He wanted to stay with Zhan, so he asked the heavens to be an average beta. He was glad when the results came back.

Beta.

Yibo was over the moon. Yet, his peers were skeptic of this result. Yibo was too pretty to be an average beta. Too athletic and smart to be a boring beta.

"So what am I? An alien?!" He laughed out loud that day. Too jolly to be a beta.

He immediately gave the result to Zhan's assistant, Wen Ning.

"Good." The kind man ruffled Yibo's hair and gave him a subtle nod. His sigh of relief did not escape Yibo's awareness when Secretary Ning turned around to see Zhan.

Everything was quiet as normal afterwards. Except for... beautiful women coming in and out of their house on quarterly basis.

It pricked Yibo's curiousity especially seeing them going freely in and out of Zhan's room. He asked Secretary Ning discreetly and the secretary's lips gave him a faint smile. "For Mr. Xiao's health."

'Too vague', Yibo thought.

When he was seventeen, he understood too well the purpose of these visits.

------
A/N:

So what happened when Yibo was seventeen?
😉

22/07/23

Imagine him being this happy when he knew he was a Beta 💚