17: Proposition

Zhan is honest and does not say empty words. He knew what the scent blockers were for. For protection. 

Afterall, Yibo was pure. He had stayed in that village for 4 full years. A village where only omegas and betas live. Never stepping out until Zhan came and kidnapped him. 

The scent blockers was his protection. Outside their village, there would be alphas who can attack him. Though he is marked, it isn't an absolute guarantee that his scent wouldn't attract other alphas. 

However, Zhan is quite confident he can protect Yibo himself against any other alphas who would dare approach his omega. As long as he is with Yibo, there should be no harm near. Except, of course, Zhan himself.

But that is one minor problem Zhan can deftly manage. Zhan's want to keep Yibo and his son safe and secure will always be greater than the call of flesh. Fascinating, who could've known this omega-hater alpha would be such a family man?

So, Zhan thought of a proposition.

------------

Maybe he thinks he is a superhero. Without a cape. And a bit more stubborn.

Doctor Xing Chen wanted to beat him up and lock him up to stay for another day in the hospital for safety precautions, but the wealthy Wei couldn't be stopped discharging himself out. One of the perks of a typical entitled dominant alpha. He is privileged to control everything within his scope.

"Are you Mr. Wei's mate?" The curious doctor asked Yibo when they were left alone in the room while Zhan was busy changing his clothes in the bathroom and Ning processing the papers for his discharge.

Yibo shook his head in negation with a clear 'No' clarifying, "I am his omega."

'Omega not mate.' The doctor slightly tilted his head in bafflement. It seems the relationship between the two is complicated. But Xing Chen just sighed and said his piece. "Then can you help him during his ruts?" This caught Yibo off-guard. "Mr. Wei has been using suppressants for a good few years due to pheromone rejection. But you seem to be a different case. He doesn't refuse your scent, instead craves it." Xing Chen's eyes squinted, studying Yibo who started to flush bright red but also has an obvious lack of confidence. He couldn't help but sigh again. "Medications especially artificial hormones can backfire in the future. Mr. Wei has used them for long. It isn't good for his health. If you care for your alpha even just a little bit, take care of him when needed." He didn't want to scare the young omega but science has proven time after time that pheromone disproportion can be destructive, not just physically but mostly mentally.

"I hope you didn't tell him useless things." Zhan stepped out of the changing room, wearing his usual grim two-piece black suit and intimidating glare, looking devilishly handsome as always.

"What would I dare say about your lordship?!" Xing Chen exasperatedly rolled his eyes, sarcasm flowering, quite daring but fled before Zhan started to breathe fire.

Left alone, Zhan's proposition came in to Yibo.

Zhan laid his proposal instantaneously, not wanting to waste time. That is, to live together again. With their son, by all means.

Yibo hesitated, not knowing whether to refuse or accept. He felt his heart burn, never in a million years did he expect Zhan to suggest this. Was it not that he was hated? Was it not that he wasn't liked?

After going through so much pain in the past, he would not readily agree to this ideal.

"Live with me, Yibo." Zhan's voice had more sincerity ever. "Please." When Yibo heard this, he suddenly felt like crying. His heart felt warm, but it also felt very painful.

His heart and pride clashed. His hope and fear were conflicted.

In short, many feelings of opposite extremes came crashing, colliding, fighting. Those days when he wished to be recognized by his Gege, the night when he was molested by him, the days of self-pity when he turned into an unwanted omega, the months and years wherein he raised their son alone. 

Yibo refused to think so deeply of them before, and gradually forgot and live each day as a new false start. But as Zhan's arms embraced him and as his alpha's strong rhythmic heartbeats soothed him, Yibo remembered how he had covertly wanted this.

To be at Zhan's side. To breathe him. To be warmed by him.

Hitherto, when spring starts and the first blooms appear, he would think of Zhan. When the leaves fall in autumn, he would miss him. And when the first snow falls in winter, he would want to meet him.

After thinking through it, Yibo couldn't deny the greedy seed that had silently grown and consumed him. His face immediately turned red, good thing his face was buried in Zhan's chest so his alpha couldn't see it.

"Mn." Yibo finally found his voice after much deliberation. "Let's do that, Gege.

Zhan at once reciprocated his reply with a tighter squeeze which made Yibo's heartbeat speed up.

-----------

Ning, Zhan and Yibo went to meet Su'er and Wen Qing at home to let them know of the new planned living arrangements. 

Wen Qing, Ning's alpha sister, made a fuss of course. She had raised Su'er as her own and treated Yibo as a real family. How could she let them go knowing they would be with an j*rk alpha like Zhan?! Zhan didn't even bat an eyelid at her protests.

Wen Ning tried to pacify her, stating he will live with them too and watch over the two younger ones, especially A-Su. He swore with a cross in his heart, but his sister still felt betrayed by her own brother.

And little Su'er, the naive little boy, bear grudge at the Baddie Zhan. He tried hard to glare at Zhan when they met again, but the little dumpling just looks so adorable clinging onto Yibo protectively. Zhan couldn't help himself wanting to pinch his puffed cheeks.

Yibo was worried, Little Su wouldn't want to leave the village and live with Zhan. But guess what! A little bribery was all it took for the gremlin to like his new Gege. Now calling Zhan his favourite Gege after being spoiled by two large scoops of strawberry ice cream.

Gege or father, Zhan and Yibo had not reached a conclusion yet how to tell little Su'er. But this is just the beginning. Small steps and they will eventually reach a happy ending for their new little family.

----------------

19/Aug/2023