11: A Stone Heart

Zhan growled when the fragrant pheromones started getting heavier, testing his remaining restraint. He twisted his body to lunge an attack on the omega, but he was stunned and a little speechless when he saw a pitiful curve embracing himself.

Zhan had to blink a few times when the current Yibo and the little Yibo in his memory seemed to overlap.

He remembered the young Yibo who liked to stay outdoors in the garden which was just down below Zhan's room. In a daily basis, he could hear Yibo's merry giggles as the younger played and ran around the backyard while his caretakers ran after him in play.

One time, he looked out of the window wondering why there was no cheerfulness around. Then he found little Yibo huddled on the ground, writing diligently while his nannies clustered around him, whispering something Zhan couldn't hear. Later on, Zhan found out Yibo wasn't actually writing nor studying his lessons.

At his doorstep, Zhan picked up a piece of paper slid under his door. A drawing.

Stick figures of one little boy and a taller one, a bit of greenery on the sides and a simple scrawl of 'M's which were meant to be birds. Then there was an awful scribble at the bottom, 'Gege and Bo-di'.

Zhan's silver eyes were soft as he traced the holding hands of the two stick figures. But his chest ached. It hurts. So, Zhan took a deep breath as his eyes closed for a moment. And when he opened them again, that softness is gone.

'A stone heart that can't be moved.' He chanted his mantra in a whisper and that completely drowned out the tenderness in the fourteen years old's heart.

Can't you see? It was a choice. Zhan chose not to feel. He believed he can only excel if give up his emotions. Back then and maybe, even now, all Zhan wanted was to be the best in his field. To live like a robot without a heart. To never love so he'll never lose someone he loves again.

--------
A/N:

I don't know what I am writing anymore.
So please don't complain 🤣🤣🤣
JK!

Is it time for 🔞 or not yet?

24/07/23