6: Imprinting

Citrus and night-blooming jasmine scent from four years ago.

A beta turned omega.

A dominant alpha toddler maybe three years of age.

Wen's remote hometown.

Lan Yibo. Su'er. Wen Ning.

Lan f*cking Yibo!!!

Zhan was livid with the apparent course of his impending headache. He was not a fool not to be able to connect the dots.

Wen Ning has definitely betrayed him to hide this omega. And the f*cking little sl*t Yibo was off-grid to play house with his son.

He has a f*cking son he did not want! A f*cking toddler he did not know of! Zhan was beyond eager to kill Yibo there and then. But he isn't that merciful to give him an easy death.

After the omega fainted, he had brought Yibo to the nearest city where one of his hotels is based. Hushed opinions circulated as the tall alpha carried a pitiful unconscious man on his shoulders. But the power of Zhan's every step and the pheromones that screamed unparalleled strength left their onlookers mum and numb. 

Zhan then was quick to put his underlings into action while Yibo play dead on his bed. Investigators to check the Wen's background, detectives to follow their every step, someone to ran the errand for Su'er and his paternity test, a quick check with a scientist Hai Kuan who specialises in second gender evolution: natural and forced.

'Mr. Wei, currently there are only two reasons why a beta can present as an omega. First, he wasn't actually a beta but a recessive omega, presenting late. This rarely occurs now due to high-tech gender screenings which can diagnose even the rarest recessive traits. Second and more reasonable, though only few in occurrence, are cases when a strong dominant alpha's desire can modify a beta's genetic template into an omega.'

Zhan hummed. 'Imprinting.' He learned something new.

The creases on his forehead lingered as he strode to where Yibo laid asleep. 

He watched him sleep. Amazed how the terror on Yibo's face remained even on his stupor. Then his fingers worked to stroke the bite mark on the omega's nape. It was heated and tender to the touch. Zhan felt high when Yibo's mouth gaped, a soft mewl was music to his ears. He prodded more, curious how a defiant omega was nevertheless vulnerable to an alpha's caresses. Until Yibo stirred and glassy hooded amber eyes gazed back at Zhan's silver eyes. "G-Ge..." It was so faded, so silent, yet so reeling.

Zhan felt zapped when a blurry memory, he couldn't remember before, flashed before him.

'Ge...Zhan-g-ge...' He had heard this before. This feeble voice, pleading to be satiated. Swerving Zhan's chest which has always been empty. And Yibo's f*cking scent wasn't helping at all! It was so rich and redolent, hypnotising. Zhan felt his skin burning fast and steady while his pants tightened against his lower region.

Zhan's eyes widened in shock. It's not just the scent. He had been close to this face! He had come face to face with this honey-coloured irises! He was...his.

---------

A/N:

Is it good or bad that he remembered?

What does he mean 'his'?

22/07/23