Sick

Narrator POV

Eden is usually an on time student, never misses a day but then she got a bad cold making her bed ridden but someone that she never expected showed up, concerned.

Eden POV

I hate being sick and alone.

I'm sick bad, so bad that I can't even move without being in pain.

I'm alone at my house trying to get rid of this painful cold.

I'm laying in bed currently trying my best not to move being as it causes me pain I hated that I was alone though.

I knew no one would care that I was sick but I didn't expect my own friends to not care.

I didn't wanna stay in my bed all day but yet again I can't move without being in pain so I was stuck sadly.

Then out of nowhere I heard my phone buzz from my mom saying that her and dad wouldn't be home for awhile.

Great so I'm definitely going to be alone.

It had been awhile till I heard a knock coming from the front door.

Who could that be? Maybe one of my friends?

I don't wanna get up though.

They knocked again but louder.

"Hold on I'll be right there." I tried to yell but it came out as a quiet whisper. Screw you sore throat.

I painfully got up slowly walking to the door which was still being knocked on making me quickly unlock it to see, Cameron?

"Cam-Cameron? W-what- you doing h-here?" I asked completely shocked as to why the most popular person in school is at my door.

"You ok?" She asked as I stood still shocked.

"What do you mean?" I asked my voice breaking from the sore throat.

"So you're sick, may I come in?" She asked as I nodded moving out of her way letting her inside.

"Y-you knew I w-was sick?" I asked as she looked at me with a confused look.

"Yeah why wouldn't I?" She asked.

"Your popular I'm not.." I answered as her eyes saddened.

"Just because I'm popular doesn't mean I don't care about you Eden." She stated.

"Well I didn't even know you knew who I was." I said honestly as she sighed.

"I know you more than you think den." She replied catching me off guard with the nickname said.

"Here drink this and sit down, relax, remember you're sick." She said chuckling as she handed me water and pain pills.

"What would you like to eat?" She asked as I thought about it before answering.

"Fruit bowl." I answered as she chuckled and started on my fruit bowl then after awhile she gave it to me gently.

"There you go my lady." She said playfully making me chuckle as she sat down beside me.

I took a risky move leaning my head lightly on her shoulder she looked at me before pulling me closer to her a smile on her face.

"No matter what just remember that I care about you Eden, I care remember that." She whispered to me as I nodded.

And for the rest of the time we sat on the couch peacefully talking to one another.

I guess being sick isn't so bad after all.