Boss

Narrator POV

After being fired for something she didn't do Chole was annoyed now she was at her apartment when she heard a knock on her door from someone unexpected.

Chole POV

I still can't believe I was fired for something I didn't even do and my boss BELIEVED IT!

Right now I'm currently sitting on my couch eating some well deserved ice cream when I heard a knock at the door.

I didn't order anything, so who could that even be? I got up as the knocking got more and more repetitive.

"Hold on I'm coming." I said fast walking to the door opening it to reveal someone I didn't expect at all.

My boss.

Well ex-boss now.

"Blake? What are you doing here?" I asked her as she looked at me catching her breath before she answered.

"May I come in?" She asked.

I really didn't want to but it's common courtesy so I nodded moving out of her way as she walked in slowly taking the place in as she walked in.

I closed the door after she was fully in before I went to my living room where she was sitting.

"You never answered my question." I said as I walked passed her sitting on my couch as she looked at me.

"I want you to come back to the company." She said making me laugh as she stared at me confused at my actions.

"What's so funny?" She asked confused as I started at her in shock at her question.

"The fact you fired me for something I didn't do and now here you are asking me to come back." I replied honestly as she looked down at the floor.

"I don't know how to reply to that." She said as I scoffed at her response.

"I mean how about you start with an apology for what you did, then after you do that you can leave my apartment because I will not be coming back." I said as her head snapped up at me standing up.

"I'm sorry just please come back." She said as I shook my head.

"You know what give me one good reason why I should." I said as she walked over to me kneeling down in front of me.

"Please come back I admit it I shouldn't have fired you I was angry and annoyed at everything that I just snapped." She said as I looked at her.

"I think you should go Blake, but thank you for the visit." I said standing up and began walking to the door so I could let her out but she grabbed my arm making me turn to her.

"Please Chole I'm sorry for what I said, sorry that I fired you, sorry for everything I'll do anything to prove to you that I mean it I just.." She started but stopped trying to find her words.

"I can't do it without you near, without your help you make work barrable so please come back I'll make everyday worth your while I promise." She said as I met her eyes.

"You mean that?" I asked as she shook her head.

"Yes, of course I mean it." She said moving her hands into mine squeezing them lightly.

"I'll think about it." I said as her eyes lit up.

"But that doesn't mean yes, I need time to think." I clarified as she nodded at me.

"Yeah of course take all the time you need." She said pulling me into a hug.

"Have a good night Chole." She said with a smile leaving my apartment.

"You too, drive safe." I replied as I watched her get into her car and then leave the apartment complex.