Pretty

Narrator POV

Kara is very insecure about her looks, she's been this way since bullying started in middle school but she's never been able to shake it but the one day someone she never knew about her found out about her insecurity.

Kara POV

"You wish you were good looking." His friend said jokingly shoving me as I chuckled.

Only if you knew.

"Well all she can do is wish." One of the popular boys said laughing making his goons laugh as well.

I hate this guy. I hate him so much. But he's right in a way, all I can do is wish.

"Yeah you're right all I can do is wish." I agreed with him which made him push me into the lockers.

"At least you're self aware that you're not well... Good looking." He said laughing as he walked away happily.

After he left my friend made his way over to me worried about what just happened.

"Kara you ok? What did he say this time?" He asked me as I looked at him before responding.

"He did his usual mocking of my ugly ass looks." I replied making my friend sigh.

"Kara you're not bad looking, you're a very beautiful girl." He said as I shook my head.

I've never thought that. Never.

The bell rang making both me and him walk to our classes but I like this class, this class period I get to see Charlotte, the popular girl now she is pretty.

But I also dislike the class because Rick my bully is there as well and knowing him he's going to brag about what he did.

As I thought he would he did actually that as class went on but I could feel someone stare at me from behind I looked over my shoulder to see, Charlotte?

She was starring at me with a look I couldn't read I instantly looked away not being able to hold her stare.

As soon as class ended I got up quickly waiting to leave as soon as possible but once I left the room I felt someone grab my arm.

Charlotte.

"Charlotte, what are you doing?" I asked as she led me throughout the halls until we reached an empty room which she put us in closing the door behind us.

"Why did you agree with him?" She asked making me confused beyond belief.

"What? Agree to what?" I asked confused.

"That you are 'not good looking' as he worded it." She replied making my eyes widen, she was listening in on his bragging?

"Well it's true." I said making her freeze in place.

"What?"

"I'm not good looking and I know that." I told her as she looked at me before walking towards me only stopping when she was right in front of me.

"Kara you are a very beautiful girl and for you to not see that is upsetting." She said, surprising me.

"Well I don't think that." I told her.

"And why don't you?" She asked.

I was ready to answer but then stopped. I didn't have an answer. I didn't have a reason.

"Exactly, you don't have an answer." She said as I looked down at the floor, upset.

"Hey, hey I didn't mean it in a bad way pretty girl I meant it in a way that you shouldn't think badly of yourself because Kara-" She started lifting up with her thumb making our eyes met.

"Kara you are the most beautiful girl that I have ever seen you are kind, caring, sweet, and more pretty girl." She whispered to me making me tear up as she smiled pulling me into a hug.

It was comforting something in me told me that I needed this I snuggled myself into her I wanted to be closer.

"Aw does pretty girl like my hugs?" She asked teasingly as I nodded.

We stayed in this position taking in everything all the good feelings.

This was the best day of my life.