Book

Narrator POV

Nora was in the library during her free period reading a book on her phone until Alice came up from behind her reading with her silently.

Nora POV

I got to my spot in the library sitting down with my lunch as I got comfortable in my chair, opening my book, as I began to read it.

The book was about two girls from different backgrounds coming together in a school as partners on a project, slowly falling in love as the book continued, of course they had their ups and downs but they hopefully (I haven't gotten that far) get through it.

The library was always quiet during my free period aka my lunch period no one was ever in here and I knew that and that's why it was a perfect place to read.

Slowly I began to emerge into the book of fantasy I read the words falling deeper into the book.

I was so into the book that I didn't realize someone had come into the library and that they were behind me.

Then after awhile I felt their breath on my neck making me jump and look to see Alice, the school cheerleader I instantly closed the book.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her as she stared at me with a smile.

"I'm here to get a book." She said lifting up the book as I looked at her confused.

"Then why haven't you left yet?" I asked again as she chuckled.

"Because I saw you and I wanted to see what you were doing but you seemed quite busy so I didn't wanna bother you." She explained as I got embarrassed.

"I'm sorry." I apologized putting my head down in shame as she sat on the arm of the chair next to me.

"Don't be, I didn't know you were into this genre." She said tapping the closed book.

I quickly got flustered not being able to face her at all making her chuckle at my actions before she moved my hair behind my ear.

"Why so flustered Nora, hm?" She asked teasingly as I looked away from her making her move to the side of the chair I turned too.

"Why'd you look away? It's only a question." She teased again now looking me in the eyes with a smile.

"I just..um didn't know how you would react if I answered." I replied as she nodded.

"Can you get up for a moment?" She asked catching me off guard but I did get up as she slipped into my chair.

"Hey that's my chair." I said my hands on my hips as she smiled.

"You wanna sit in it?" She asked as I nodded of course wanting my seat back then in the blink of an eye she grabbed my waist pulling me into her lap.

"AH! Hey! W-what are you d-doing?" I asked stuttering as her arms wrapped around me nuzzling herself into my neck looking up at me.

"I want you to read to me." She replied as I looked at the book and then back at her.

"You'd do that for me won't you?" She asked pouting as I sighed nodding which made her smile.

I reluctantly got comfortable in her lap making her smile more as I leaned back into her and began to read out loud to her.

And for the rest of the lunch period I read to Alice who had gotten comfortable to me and I slowly did the same as we both began to happily enjoy the book.