Rain

Narrator POV

Ember always loved the rain but could never dance in it, could never play in it because she never got the chance until her friend Isla invited her over during the rain.

Ember POV

*KNOCK
*KNOCK

"Hey Ember, glad you could come over." Isla said happily as she let me in her house.

Her house was beautiful, massive but beautiful I've been invited to have lunch with her because her mom likes me even more than Isla but she won't say that.

Haha, I'm just joking but I am her favorite out of all of Isla's friends that she has said before.

"Ah, Ember I'm so happy you could make it Isla didn't stop talking about you." She states out loud making Isla groaned annoyed at her mom.

"Mama, really? Did you have to say that to her?" She asked embarrassed at her mom's words which made her chuckle.

"Aw she knows I'm joking." She replied.

"Now come on you two sit down at the table lunch is done." She said happily as we both practically ran to the table ready to eat.

After we sat down, she gave us lunch making us dig in and we finished it quickly of course we washed the dishes before me and Isla sat down on the couch.

Then the rain began to pour in an instant making me look at the window to watch it pour.

"Why are you so distracted by the rain?" Isla asked as she looked at me interested.

"I don't know I just love the rain I wanna dance in it to be honest." I replied making her nod as she started to look at the rain with me.

"Then why don't we." She said to me making me confused as I turned to look at her.

"What?" I asked as she repeated herself.

"Why don't we go dance in the rain." She said now looking at me as I looked at the window and then at her.

"You would do that with me?" I asked as she smiled nodding.

"Of course I would." She replied standing up holding out her hand for me to grab.

"Come on let's go dance in the rain." She said as I happily got up grabbing her hand as she pulled us towards the front door, opening it, and then closing it once we were outside.

"On three we are going to run in, ok?" She said as I shook my head.

"1"

"2"

"3"

And then we ran in the rain instantly attacking us as we ran into the rain.

Then without warning she grabbed my waist pulling me closer as she looked into my eyes.

"Come on let's dance Ember." She whispered to me as her hand tightened around my waist rubbing her hands up and down before she began to sway us both.

At this point I was blushing like an idiot as she pulled us even closer together the rain making us soaked but at that point we didn't care the only thing that mattered was us and only us.

Finally I wrapped my arms around her matching her sways out breathing matched, our movements matched, everything matched.

But then she leaned down a bit looking between my eyes and lips before she spoke.

"Ember may I kiss you?" She asked softly almost a whisper.

I looked into her eye the only thing I could see was admiration and love she was blushing and no doubt so was I then I replied.

"Yes, you may Isla." I whispered back as she came closer until her lips were finally on mine.

The kiss was sweet, slow, and loving before she backed away looking at my eyes.

"How was that?" She asked.

"It was... amazing." I answered blushing harder as she had a cheeky smile on her face.

Then out of nowhere Isla's mom opened the front door.

"ALRIGHT LOVE BIRDS ENOUGH KISSING AND GET YOUR ASSES INSIDE!" She yelled as we chuckled before grabbing one another's hands running inside.