Pet

Narrator POV

Emery has been waiting to get a kitten ever since her and her girlfriend moved in together and Harper is going to make her girlfriend's dream come true.

Harper POV

I walked into the adoption center and instantly went to the kittens section and let me tell you if, Emery were here we would be leaving with every single one of these little babies.

I looked around seeing all the little munchkins until a worker came up to me probably here to help me and honestly I need it.

"Hello ma'am is there something I can help you with?" He asked as I nodded.

"Yeah um, I can't decide which one I want." I said nervous as he chuckled.

"That happens a lot here." He joked.

"So what's the occasion? Anniversary present? Birthday? Gift?" He asked as I smiled.

"A surprise gift for my girlfriend." I replied as he chuckled.

"She's been wanting one for a while now and now I'm here and I can't decide." I said as he nodded.

"I think I have the perfect one for you then, come with me." He said as I nodded following him until we reached a little cage with a tiny gray kitten inside.

"We didn't come up with a name for her but she's a sweetheart and I'm sure would love your girlfriend and you." He explained but came close to my ear.

"Plus she's a cuddler." He whispered as I chuckled.

"I'll take her then." I said as he nodded checking her out with me.

The drive home was peaceful i made it home within about 15 minutes, grabbing the little angel and walked up the stairs to our home.

Here goes nothing.

I opened the door calling out to Emery.

"Emery, baby, I'm home." I yelled as she came running to me hugging me.

"Hi honey, why are you home so late? You ok?" She asked worried making me smile.

Always so worried.

"I was late because I have a surprise." I said as her eyes lit up.

"Surprise?" She repeated.

"Yeah surprise now close your eyes and hold out your hands." I instructed she did as told making me set the kitten the was hidden in my hoodie in her hands.

"Ok open." I said as she opened her eyes instantly holding to the kitten to her chest with tears in her eyes.

"You didn't." She said tears in her eyes.

"I did." I reassured.

"Thank you baby thank you." She said now fully crying making me chuckle.

"Oh baby don't cry." I said hugging my beautiful girlfriend and now little kitten.

"We have to give her a name." I said.

"How about....Lily." She said as I nodded.

"That sounds perfect baby." I said as we held our new baby girl, Lily.