Caring

Narrator POV

Avery is Anastasia's assistant and she's sick but came into work anyway because she knew Anastasia needed her she hid it well until she didn't leading Anastasia finding out.

Avery POV

Damn this headache is killing me.

I set down the paper work with a sigh rubbing my forehead as I took deep breaths.

This is worth it Avery she needs you. It's all worth it. It's all worth it. I repeated in my head as I calmed down from my pain.

Then I heard the elevator open knowing who it was instantly making me get up and grab her coffee following her into her office.

"Your coffee ma'am." I said politely as she sighed before she spoke.

"Avery, I thought I told you to call me Anastasia." She said sitting down in her chair as I nodded.

"You did tell me but I don't wanna do it in front of other people because they might see it as unprofessional." I told her as she chuckled.

"I don't care what people think." She said with a smile.

"I know you don't but I do." I replied honestly as she sighed.

Then I felt a cough coming up and I couldn't stop it as it made its way out making Anastasia look at me.

"Sorry just came out." I said as she squinted at me not believing me.

"I swear it's just a co-" I started but then I coughed again one after another.

Anastasia came over to me patting my back lightly as I gasp for air after it was over.

"Are you sick Avery?" She asked as I shook my head.

"No I'm just feel a little off today." I said as she looked at me knowing that I was lying.

"You're lying, and you're sick." Anastasia said sternly as I sighed finally giving in telling her the truth.

"Avery, love, why did you come in today when you knew you were sick?" She asked as I stood up.

"Because I knew you needed me here so I came where I'm needed." I explained as she shook her head.

"No, no lay down on the couch and relax ok, your not going to be doing any more work today." She said, slowly pushing me down on the couch as I relaxed.

"What are you going to do?" I asked as she grabbed her coat.

"I'm going to go get you some medicine and some food." She said as she walked over to me kissing my forehead surprising me completely.

"If I find out you touched one more piece of paper work while I'm gone I won't let you leave my sight when I get back." She whispered to me as I blushed making her chuckle as she bid me goodbye.

As I layed down on the couch I started to fell tired making me close my eyes falling into a deep sleep that I needed very much.

When I woke up Anastasia was right next to me rubbing my hands, a wet washcloth on my forehead, and the smell of food surrounding me.

"Your awake, here take this." She said kindly handing me pain pills along with cold water.

"Thank you Anastasia." I thanked as she smiled watching me take the meds and cold water.

"Here move over, love." She said making me blush once again as I moved over making her lay right next to me with a sweet smile.

"Why do you call me that?" I asked.

"Call you what, love?" She asked.

"That, love." I replied as she smiled sweetly.

"Because I care about you more than you may think." She replied.

"Enough questions love time for you to rest." She whispered to me as I looked her in the eyes before I got closer to her putting my head in her neck.

"Goodnight love." She whispered to me sweetly.

"Goodnight Ana." I replied slowing my breathing as I closed my eyes letting myself falling into a sleep.