Puppy

Narrator POV

Emma was having her daily breakfast in the park when a mysterious puppy ran up to her making her drop her food luckily she was a puppy and people person.

Emma POV

The man handed me my breakfast sandwich and coffee making me say a quick 'thank you' before sitting on a near by bench in the park.

I took a look around me taking in the beautiful morning sun along with the beautiful scenery in the park.

After I took in everything I began to dig into my food which let me tell you was delicious and along with the coffee, equals perfection.

Then my phone began to ring making me set down my food and answer the phone call from my boss.

While this was happening I didn't see the puppy running towards me it was only until after I got off the phone that I had got attacked by the ball of cuteness.

"O-oh hi there little one." I said laughing as the baby puppy happily licked my face as I pet her.

The pup then turned her attention to my sandwich and who can say no to puppy eyes? Not me that's who.

"Here you go little one." I said giving her little pieces of meat knocking over my coffee on me and the bench.

"Oh little one look what you did." I told her laughing as I saw a girl running towards me with a worried look.

"Oh my god, ma'am I'm so sorry about her she's not fully trained yet." The woman said apologetically as I shook my head.

"No worries I loved having her around." I said chuckling as she sighed a breath of relief with a smile on her face.

"Sorry I'm Mia." She introduced.

"Emma." I said shaking her hand.

"I don't know how I'm going to repay you for all of this." Mia said chuckling while looking at the scene before her.

"Oh you don't have to do anything I'm fine." I said as she shook her head.

"No I have to repay you back somehow." She said pulling out a piece of paper writing a number on it before handing it to me.

"What's this?" I asked looking at the number and then back at her.

"My number so I can pay you back and buy you a meal to make up for that one." She said hinting to the sandwich as I chuckled.

"Are you asking me out Mia?" I asked jokingly as she smiled.

"And what if I was?" She replied shocking me.

"Then I would accept." I bite back as she smiled happily.

"Well then I'll see you at 7:00?" She asked.

"Yeah I guess you will." I replied as she smiled brightly.

"Have a good day Emma."

"You too Mia." I replied as she walked away smiling and I smiled too as I watched her walk away with the little bundle of joy.