27

Daniel ran to the living room, while the four of us walked. Carlos was now awake, massaging his neck from the pain of sleeping on the piano. It didn't take long for everyone to leave, everyone having a flight to Barcelona. Charles gave me a hug as soon as they left, "Morning, Sol."

My arms were sitting on his waist, I could see the hickeys on his neck, "Morning to you too, Charles."

He placed his lips on mine, giving me a swift kiss, "Let's clean up. Our flight is just before dinner. Carlos will meet us at the airport."

"Sounds good."

*

The energy in Spain was unmatched. Everyone managed to get on their flight to Barcelona. A miracle, Daniel said. Carlos was happy to be back in motherland. He brought his chilli bucket hat he traded with a fan years back and it was clear that he wouldn't be taking it off for the whole weekend. It's now race day and I still haven't told Lissie about the night at Charles' party. It was eating me alive but I just felt like telling her after the grand prix would be better. I know that if I tell her, Lando would know and vice versa. As much as I hate to admit it, that night was still on my mind at times. Charles and I didn't really talk about it after, it was a busy weekend for the both of us. But Monaco definitely smoothed things over with us. The whole track was rooting for Carlos, being the only Spaniard on the grid now. Of course, Fernando Alonso came to the grand prix, making an appearnce. Carlos winning his home race for the first time is Scuderia Ferrari's goal for today as he qualified first. Luckily, Lissie is working with Shell this weekend, we've been having our breakfast and lunch at the hospitality unit for the past three days, pretty much joined at the hip. Per usual, we also shared the hotel room, though I spent most of my nights at Charles', having room service and movie marathons, maybe a little make out session with under the top action but nothing much. Lissie used the fact of me being away to get her job done, editing and uploading her videos.

For some magical reason, Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel also decided to visit the garage yesterday and today, enjoying their time at their old team's paddock. It wasn't the first time I met them, they knew who I was, but I was still surprised either way.

"Seb? Kimi?" I asked, approaching the duo as they were conversing on the small tables at the guest paddock, a cup of coffee for Sebastian and two bottles of beer for Kimi, one was empty.

"Senna! I see that you swapped teams!" Sebastian greeted, giving me a hug.

I laughed, "I did! From papaya to red."

"Hello, Senna." Kimi greeted after, also giving me a hug, "Long time no see."

People find this surprising, but Kimi's a hugger, to the people he cares about.

"Sit, sit." Sebastian offered, pulling a chair for me.

I sat down, beaming at Sebastian, "Oh, thanks."

"So are you Ferrari's content creator now?"

"I am! They offered me a job here at the end of last season."

"Ah! Charles' plan must've worked then."

Confused, "Charles' plan?"

"Nevermind me. But how are things? How is Angela?"

Sebastian and my mom are friends, we were at the races a lot when Seb was still in Red Bull. I was always too shy to have a conversation with Seb, it was mostly just hellos and goodbyes. Kimi on the other hand, was easier for me to talk to. Mainly because he was so quiet. I remember my first interaction with Kimi was asking him for a photo. I was a kid back then, I would always bring my giraffe plushie everywhere and one day, I left it at Ferrari's hospitality unit, only to be returned by the one and only, Kimi Raikkonen.