39

"Really, Carlos?" I scoffed, "He's asleep."

Confident, Carlos replied, "I'm sure his phone isn't on silent."

Carlos is close with Charles, they've been teammates for so long. I know that Charles considers Carlos as one of his good friends. Charles never has his phone on silent unless he's in something important or when he's sleeping.

"Okay, fine." I said in defeat and proceeded to share my thoughts with them. "But he probably just feel guilty, right?"

Carlos and Lando looked at each other, both having a sly smile plastered on their faces.

"He used to ask questions about you when we were younger."

"Yes Lando, you've told me about that."

Carlos looked surprised, "Did he?"

"Yeah, he would be asking what's her favorite food, favorite color or where does she live and all that. Didn't the three of us karted together back then? Along with George and Alex?"

I shook my head, "No, not with Charles. With George and Alex, yes. It was the last year of my karting career."

"You literally won the championship that year too."

"Did you?" Carlos asked, "How did I not know about this?"

"To make you feel better, I didn't know about this either, Carlos." Lissie added, looking at me like she was about to throw the pillow to my face.

I shrugged, "I don't really talk about my racing career. It was short-lived."

And still painful to talk about ten years later.

"Okay we're going a bit off topic here," Lando stated, picking up that I didn't feel comfortable talking about my karting career, "Carlos, do you have any insights?"

"I walked in on them making out in Charles' driver's room." He blurted and I threw a pillow at him.

"This definitely goes beyond for the media." Lando concluded.

"They've both literally met each other's parents." Lissie reminded.

"Hey, mom doesn't know about this." I refreshed, Carlos gave me a confused look, "Too complicated for her."

"It wouldn't be complicated if you two just make it actually official." Carlos said with a chuckle and I threw him another pillow, "Ay cabrón! You asked us for advice and I get pillows thrown at me instead?"

"Language!" Lando warned.

"No one asked you two for advice," I defended, "You two invited yourselves!"

Lando waved his hand, dismissing what I just said, "Yeah, yeah. You need our insights anyways."

Carlos nodded enthusiastically, "What he said."

"I still got no advice from you two."

"You did! I said just make it official."

"I meant a proper advice, Carlos."

"Is that not a proper one?" Carlos challenged, "Lando, any thoughts?"

"All I know is, he had a minor crush on you when we were younger, when you used to come to my karting competitions. But he also knew that you hated him."

"I never hated him," I corrected and the three of them gave me a 'seriously?' look, "I just disliked him. Strongly."

"I reckon, one of the reasons he stopped asking me questions about you was because he could feel your hatred from miles away. Like as soon as you enter the track."