43

The rest of summer break was a blur. Everything else during the break happened so quickly after Alex and Lily's wedding. I flew back home to São Paulo while Charles flew to Monaco two days after the wedding. We explored a bit of Thailand on those two days and I must say, I'll need to come back there soon and spend a good month there. Alex and Lily were overjoyed when I texted them that, saying that we should plan something out for the end of season break with Charles, sort of like a double date trip. I couldn't turn that down. Neither could Charles, because that was definitely one of the things he could do to at least repay Alex and Lily back for snitching about their wedding to the world.

"Ma chérie," Charles called out through FaceTime as I was doing my skincare. I never realized how much of a difference hus words make when he calls me mine. I never thought it mattered. But I guess I was wrong.

"Yes?"

"Come to Monaco," He stated, holding up his phone perfectly so I could see his face. He was wearing a black hoodie and a pair of blue light glasses. I must admit, he looks cute in them.

I looked at my phone screen, facing him, "I'd love to, but when?"

"Tomorrow. I'll sort it out for you and Angela."

My body immediately froze, "Angela? As in my mom?"

"Yes, I mean why not?"

"Did your mom put you up to this?"

Charles chuckled, "I mean, she may played a small part in it. But I think it's a good time for our moms to meet. As scary as it is."

"Charles," I started, "Your mom knows we were a publicity stunt. My mom doesn't. We've only really been official for two weeks."

"Yeah, but my feelings for you didn't start two weeks ago."

My cheeks definitely got warm, "Okay. I'll ask mom if she wants to come. Don't worry about flights I'm sure I can find something."

"Sol, I insist. I will sort your flight. And Angela."

"Charles."

"Sol."

I sighed in defeat, "Fine." Charles is honestly one of the most stubborn person I've ever met in my life. His face was now up close and personal with his phone screen, telling me that he was on his phone. I could hear the soft tapping on his screen. "Who are you texting?"

"Angela."

"What?"

"Your mom."

"Yes I know Angela is my mom. How did you even get her number?"

"We exchanged numbers when I was staying with you. Ah, she replied! She said she would love to come to Monaco tomorrow." He said with a huge smile plastered on his face.

I starred at him in disbelief, "Charles, I was just about to ask her."

His eyebrows furrowed, "I just thought it'll be better coming from me personally."

"I live with her, she's literally downstairs."

"Sorry, I just got too excited about this and couldn't wait. I didn't mean to overstep." He apologized softly.

I gave him a soft smile, "It's okay Charles. It's kinda cute. The excitement, not the overstepping part. And don't worry about accommodation, we can sort that one out."

"You're not going to stay at my place?"

"As much as I'd love to, Charles, I can't just leave my mom alone. The point of coming was to bond, no?"