42

George was in tears as soon as Alex held Lily's hand to give her the ring. We all could see that he was holding the tears in until he couldn't no more. Alex chuckled a bit, finding it funny that his bestest friend was crying in his wedding. But Alex too, was emotional, along with Lily. The wedding ceremony was honestly just so beautiful. It was outside in the resort's huge garden, an hour before the sun starts to set. Lily's dress looked amazing, it was silky long white backless dress. Her hair was in a curls, pinned to the back to give her a sleek style on the front. Alex had his black suit and tie on, his hair was back to red.

"You may now kiss the bride." The priest said and everyone got up, cheering.

That was the only time Charles let go of me during the ceremony. He had his arm around me the whole time, or my hand interlaced with his. I sat between Charles and Lissie, who kept giving me looks, raising her eyebrows at me to show how happy she was that I've finally stopped denying my feelings. We were sitting on the second row, behind each side's respective families. George was with them of course, being Alex's longest friend and all. Lily's best friend did her maid of honor speech, and it was beautiful, but it was obvious that the whole second row was waiting of George's best man speech.

"George," Alex started, holding the mic, "Do you have anything to say?"

George's face lit up like a kid during Christmas. He stood up and made his way to the small stage, where the MC handed him a microphone. George cleared his throat as he pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket.

"To Alexander Albon and Lily He. It is fucking time that you two tied the knot. You two would already be married if Alex wasn't a scaredy cat, but we got there. He just needed a push of his best friend." He paused as everyone chuckled, "I used to spend my days in the Albon household growing up. I probably spent more of my childhood days there than my own home. The Albons are family to me, and nothing will ever change that. Alex has the heart of gold, always puts everyone first before him, make sure everyone's happy, and one hell of a racing driver. This would be the only time you hear this from me. I'm only saying it because it's your wedding day. When Alex told me that he started seeing someone, I was so excited for him. He was so secretive about it, didn't even give me your name, Lily. And honestly, I've never seen him that nervous in my entire life of knowing him before, not even before our first F1 race. I had to coax him to spill the beans about this girl that he's been seeing. I even tried going through his followings on Instagram to make deductions on who it could be!" Another series of chuckles, "But I could see that he was happier than ever. You bring out the best in Alex, Lily, and I forever thank you for that. When I met Lily for the first time, Alex was shitting bricks that I wouldn't agree. It felt like a girl bringing a guy home to her parents. But all that I had to say to Alex at the end of the hang out was, 'I approve'. You two complete each other, and that is all that matters and today, you two are officially husband and wife. So congratulations to the both of you. I love you both." George was once again tearing up as he finished up his speech.

We all cheered for George, his speech was short but sweet.

"We're waiting for your turn, George." Alex teased.

Lily grabbed the mic from Alex, "And you are welcomed to our house at any time, dinners included."

George beamed, "Sounds like a plan."

"Okay, I know you guys don't want to sit here all night so, food and drinks are behind us, feel free to start while enjoying the live music." Alex stated.

Yuki was obviously the first of us to stand up. Food over anything for him. Liam started laughing and followed him. The rest of us followed the two Alpha Tauri drivers. I looked around, looking at the buffet behind us. There was a small section for tables for their families. Charles had his hand on my back as we walked through, grabbing a plate each for the huge buffet selection we have ahead of us. Just like breakfast, I took a bit of everything and made sure to grab myself a lychee martini, the first drink of the night. Alex and Lily were now making rounds, greeting all their guests, starting with their extended families.