35

We are now in Spa, round 13 out of 24. The last race before the summer break, before Alex and Lily's wedding in Thailand. We were halfway there. Lissie wasn't here this weekend, she was attending the F1 Academy race. Every year, F1 Academy joins F1 and the rest of the feeder series, and is broadcasted by Sky Sports. Lissie already told me that she would be one of the two commentators this year, along with Natalie Pinkham. This would be Lissie's second time commentating for F1 Academy. This year, F1 Academy is joining us in Japan, in the Suzuka Circuit.

Coming to Spa always scares me. I hated this place, wet weather in this track just gives me so much anxiety. We've lost too many people here. Spa was probably the track I dreaded to go every year, but I never missed a single race here since Lando started. I just had to be there, I couldn't deal with watching from the TV, or my laptop screen. I was watching the F2 race from my flat in London, when the accident happened. As soon as the race was stopped, I took a flight straight there, with the help of uncle Adam. I knew that I wouldn't be able to handle the anxiety of watching the race from home, I worry too much.

Pierre organized the yearly run for Racing for Anthoine which we all joined. Charles won the sprint yesterday, with Lando on second place and Carlos on third. Another Ferrari sandwich. Max secured pole this weekend, with a wet qualifying. Charles came second, Carlos third and Lando was fifth. George had an accident during qualifying, resulting in yellow flag. He was okay, but the crash in Q2 landed him on 14th. The weather forecast for today was medium to heavy rain and all I could do was pray for a safe race, and that the FIA would make the right calls.

Max Fewtrell was here too, with Mclaren. Last time I saw him was in London when I extended my stay before Hungary. The dynamic between us was different. A good difference, really. We were back to how we were when we were good friends, before we started dating.

"You should visit us more often, Senna." He said as we hugged, "Now go see your man."

I looked at Max with confusion. "He's not my man." Lando was standing beside me, he would've heard what Max said.

Max smiled and looked over to Lando, "Knock some sense into her, will you?"

"I have been trying to do that for the past 21 years of her life."

"Really, Lan?" I remarked, "I could list the stupid things you've done."

"The plane's leaving, go." Max said in haste, defending Lando, making me squint at him but Lando and I did as told anyways.

"What am I missing?" I asked as we both took our seats. "Max seemed different."

"I guess you could say Max got his closure."

"I hate that you're being mature right now."

*

"Let us hope for a safe race this afternoon," Fred started as we all started to come around in the hospitality unit for a word from him before we start prepping for the race. "Charles, Carlos, drive aggressively, but safely. We will do everything on our end to make sure you guys are safe. It's going to rain this afternoon, it has already started drizzling. Our priority today is to bring it home." Everyone nodded in response. "Okay, let's get to it guys!" Fred yelled, clapping his hands.

I made my way to Charles, who was walking straight to his driver's room.

"Charles," I called out, tugging on his red rain jacket.

He looked back, a smile on his face, "Yes, chérie?"

"Please drive safely." I said, walking with him.