Tomorrow We Strike

Training has been a killer over the last few days. Everyday since the call from Tiffany we have been waiting and anticipating for his attack but nothing. It is like he is toying with us. I mean it is an advantage for us, the longer he waits the stronger we get. Stephen thinks he has the upperhand but we are waiting for him. Xavier has upped the patrols of the pack grounds, making sure all areas are covered so we are aware when and where the attack is going to happen. 

Xavier has been training me so hard, everyday and night without failure. He wants me at my best. I don't blame him to be honest, I am Stephen's main target and he want's me to be able to defend myself. He is going to be so worried about me but I want him to focus on himself, I'll be alright. 

"You are doing really well." Xavier said. 

"Thank you, I don't think I would be as good if it wasn't for you training me." I responded. 

"You underestimate yourself. You have some skill there, I am just helping you perfect it." He smiled. 

I smiled back. 

"We need to head to the pack house and check on everyone to see how training is going." 

"That's fine."

Xavier was about to walk away when I called him back.

"Xavier." 

"Yeah." He said as he walked back to me. 

"I just want to say if anything happens to me, please tell the kids  I love them." 

"Ari, nothing is going to happen to you. I will be with you the entire time."

"Xavier we can't guarantee anything. If it is between saving yourself and me, save yourself. One of us has to stay alive for our children." 

"Ariana. There is no way I could choose myself over you. You are my mate, my love, there is no way I could live with myself knowing I could have saved you and I didn't. You are the best thing that has happened to me in a long time and I know it took me a while to realise but I only just got you back, I am not losing you again. The kids need both of us. I will protect you at all costs. Do you hear me?" He asserted. 

I kissed him. I really did love this man. He was right, there is no way I could stand back and watch him die. I will protect him the best that I can. We will both see our children again and we will be a happy family as we once were. 

We pulled apart and headed to the car to go to the pack house. 

When we arrived everyone who stayed was out the front training. Xavier's best warriors were at the front giving instructions and helping fellow pack members. The Alpha's of the other packs were doing the same with their pack members by what I could see they were all fierce, strong and brave. I was glad to have them on our side. I looked over and saw Harrison sitting on his own. I approached him slowly. 

"How are you doing?" I said.

"Hey Ari. I am doing the best that I can, being told what my sister had to go through and what eventually happened to her was a lot. I have hardly slept." He frowned.

"I know it must be a lot to take in. I am so sorry." I comforted. 

"In some ways I am she is at peace away from that monster. It makes me sad that she never had a chance to be a mother. It was her dream, and he took it away from her. That bastard. Why couldn't he just have let her come home? Why did he have to treat her that way? Sienna was so sweet, caring and loving. I think she still would have forgiven him for all that he did because that was the type of person she was, but instead he robbed her of her life, her child and a chance of love and I will never forgive him for that. Stephen will suffer. He will feel the same pain she had to endure."