His Arrival: Part 2 (Xavier's P.O.V)

It had been a few hours since Stephen agreed I could stay for a while until Ariana and I discussed the children and how I was going to see them on a regular basis. The whole time I spent with the kids. I had missed so much, their birth, first tooth, first word, first steps and even their first birthday. So many memories I had missed out on because of what I did. Mason was like my twin, he looked exactly like me, he had warmed to me so quickly I didn't expect it so soon. He would bring me his toys and we would play together. Skylar was her mom all over, she was so shy. When she adjusted she wanted to sit on my lap the whole time. I wasn't complaining though, I had missed out on so many cuddles over the last year. After we played we even had dinner together, they were so independent feeding themselves using their cutlery. Occasionally Mason would point to things I had on my plate and I would give it to him. When dinner finished we played some more before bed, Ariana even left me bath them and let me get them ready for bed. Ariana was so sweet, she had set me up a little bed in their room for me to sleep in just to be close to them. Once they were dressed and snuggled up in bed drinking their last bottle fot the night,  I read them a bed time story. After a short while they were asleep and I left the room for a while.

Most of the pack that lived in the house has gone to bed, while the others had headed home. I walked into the kitchen to see Ariana sitting there drinking a hot chocolate. 

"They are both fast asleep." I said. 

"Perfect. Did they go to sleep okay?"

"They did. I am not too bad at all of this, if I do say so myself." I giggled.

"I didn't doubt you for a second." She smiled. 

"So when did you find out you was pregnant?" I asked. 

She looked at me. 

"I found out a few weeks after. When I was staying at home and not coming to school, I collasped and was out for like 4 days. When I woke up they told me I was pregnant." She replied. 

"So that day I saw you at school, you knew?" 

"Yeah I did." 

"Why didn't you just tell me? Things could have been so much different Ari." I sighed.

"Xavier. You hurt me in away no mate should. When I found out I was pregnant at first I was shocked, scared and thought it was some kind of punishment. After a while, I realised it was a blessing in disguise. I didn't want anyone to know other than my family. I knew I had to leave and start somewhere fresh, away from you. I didn't want to leave but I was left with no choice. I had to protect myself and our kids." 

"Protect our kids? I wouldn't have hurt them, Ari. I would have been overjoyed." 

"I wasn't to know that. I was scared after how you treated me. I couldn't risk it."

"I understand." 

"Then I came here. I found a job in the area, a cute little apartment and here is where I met Stephen and the pack. They welcomed me with open arms and I am grateful to them, especially Stephen." She said. 

"So you two are together then?" I muttered.

"Yes, we not long celebrated out 1 year anniversary." 

"Congratulations."

"Thank you." She smiled. 

"Well I should head up to bed now." She said as she walked away. 

"I really am sorry, Ari. I truly am. You didn't deserve what I did to you." 

She smiled as she walked away. 

 I sat there. 

She really was happy here. The kids were happy. Who was I to try and take them away from all this. In my own selfish way, I wanted her and the kids all to myself. I wanted her to just see sense and realise she wanted to be with me, then we could be one big happy family like it was supposed to be. That was my one wish. Whether it came true, who was to know. I got up and walked out of the kitchen where I was stopped by Stephen. 

"I don't know what you little game is but you can't have her back you know. She is mine." He smirked.

"Get out of my way." I huffed 

"You maybe somehwhat back in her good graces but you don't fool me Xavier." 

"I don't know what you are getting at?" 

"You aren't taking her away from me or those children. Do you hear me?" He growled. 

"I don't know who you think you are but you seem to be forgetting that those are my children and mate upstairs and deep down you know that Ariana will always have love for me. We are mates, it is natural. You are just scared that one day she will just wake up and choose me. It is hilarious that I have you so intimidated." 

"Be careful who you are talking too." He growled. 

"Stephen, you don't scare me. If I want my mate back, I will have her back. It might take sometime to realise but it will happen. Enjoy the time you have left with her." I laughed. 

He looked angry, like he was ready to hit me. 

"Well goodnight Stephen. Sleep well." I smirked as I walked off. 

How stupid can he be? Trying to intimidate me, I am not scared of him. It is nice to know I get under his skin. I don't even know what Ariana sees in him. He is an insecure little puppy, who couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag. 

I headed to my room and tried to be quiet as possible as to not to wake up the babies. I tiptoed in and quickly peeked into their cribs just to see if they were alright. They were sound asleep. I leaned down and gave them a quick kiss on the forehead before heading into my bed. My heart felt full. I knew I was going to sleep good. It will be the first time in a while. I had found my mate, had met my children and now I just had to work on winning over Ariana's heart. I couldn't give up on us. 

I laid my head down to rest and closed my eyes. Ariana came straight to mind. I will make things right, even if it takes me eternity. You will be mine again.