Unwanted News

I woke up feeling the best I have ever had. Last night was amazing. Who would have thought my night would have ended like that? Not me that's for sure, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I rolled over and saw that Xavier was already up and getting dressed.

"You're up early, where are you going?" I asked.

"I'm going home, I need to sort out the house, get it clean by the time my parents come home."

"Well if you wait, I'll help you" I said as I got out of the bed.

"No, it's fine."

"No I insist, it's the least I can do." I said as I went to hug him.

"Don't touch me!" he shouted

"Why? What going on?" I asked confusingly.

"Don't you get it? I don't want you to come back with me and I don't want you at all."

"What do you mean? You're my mate."

"You maybe my mate but it doesn't mean I care about you or want you. What happened between us last night was just a bit of fun, and I only did it to see what it felt like to have sex with my mate, that's it. Nothing more. Nothing less. Someone like you could never be my mate, I mean just look at you. You are worthless and in my opinion not good enough to be the Luna of this pack, when there are so many better looking and more suitable candidates for the job."

He walked out of the room and I just stood there in shock. I couldn't believe what had just happened. How could he treat me like that? I'm his mate, aren't I meant to mean more to him? Wasn't he supposed to love me unconditionally? Everything I was ever told about mates was a lie. I fell to the ground and broke down in tears. I don't know how long I was there for but I finally found the courage to get up and leave.

I reached home an hour later, I took the longer route home, I couldn't bare to get home yet, I just need to be alone for a while. I walked through the door and I didn't say hello to anyone, I just went into my room and cried. I was like this for a couple of days, I wouldn't eat, I didn't even go to school, I just told my parents I wasn't feeling well, but I could tell they didn't fully believe me, they knew something else was up. I just wanted to curl up in a ball and die, I couldn't feel anything anymore, I had no emotion, I didn't care about anything, not even myself. I knew my family were worried about me, and I hated that I was making them worry but I couldn't tell them what had happened, they would be so angry, or worse ashamed.

"Ari, are you okay?" my brother said

I didn't say a word.

"Please come out. I'm your big brother you can tell me anything. I just want to be there for you Ari. "

I got up and let him in.

"Ari." Aiden said as he engulfed me into a hug.

"What's been going on with you lately? You've been locked up in your room for days, you haven't come out of your room, you've barely eaten anything. What's going on with you?" he asked.

" I met my mate Aiden"

"Well that's great news, so why are you so sad? You should be happy about that shouldn't you?"

"That's what you would expect wouldn't you? But it's not. It's not great news Aiden because he rejected me right after he got what he wanted from me."

"HE DID WHAT!"

"We mated and then he rejected me"

"Who is your mate Ariana?"

"It doesn't matter Aiden." I said

"Of course it matters Ari. He used you and rejected you. I am your big brother and I am going to protect you. So who is your mate?"

"It's Xavier."

"Xavier, as in Xavier Lawson. The fucking Alpha." he said shocked.

"Yeah" I said as I put my head down.

"I'll kill him." Aiden said eyes glowing yellow.

"Please Aiden, just leave it. Its not worth it, he not worth it. I don't care anymore. What's done is done. If you go and do somethine stupid he will not only rip your Third in Command title away that you worked so hard for but he will more than likely kill you." 

" I don't care about some stupid title Ari. You're my little sister and he used you and I can't just let him disrespect you like that."

"I know you care about me and I love you for that but please Aiden for me, just leave it"

"Okay. I will leave it for you, but I am giving up my position there is no fucking way I am working with or for that scumbag. " he said as he embraced me once again.

"That's your decision to make but I am grateful that you are going to leave it."

We just sat there for a while in silence, we didn't really know what to say. I did feel like a massive weight had been lifted from my shoulders. As we sat there talking I suddenly felt the urge to vomit. I jumped off the bed and ran straight to the bathroom.

"Ari, are you alright?" My brother said as he knocked on the door.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I'm just not feeling too good at the moment. I must becoming down with the flu or something"

I walked out of the bathroom and headed back into my room. I stopped halfway, I began to feel really weak and unsteady, it felt like the room was spinning. Then before I knew it, I was on my bedroom floor. I heard the muffled screams of my brother calling my name. I finally gave in and let the darkness take over me.