2 Months Later

It's been around 2 months since I found out I was pregnant and 2 months since I left home and I honestly say I've never been happier. I've got myself a job as a waitress, it's not perfect but it pays the bills. I moved into a nice, 2 bedroom apartment that is suitable for me and my babies to live in.  That's right I said babies, a month after being here I went to the doctors for a standard check up and while I was there they let me know I was expecting twins. Twins, one baby was scary enough now I am going to be responsible for two. I am excited though. I am going to have two little babies that I can love and spoil. The doctor also let me know that I will give birth in around two months or so, that is because they are Alpha children and because of that they are born a lot faster than the average baby. 

Even with all that's good in my life, it has been kind of lonely without my Charlotte, my family and  my mate. Yes I still think about Xavier from time to time. Even though I hate him, it is hard not to think about him, he was my mate at one point. Regardless of what he did a small part of me still cares, silly as that sounds.

Anyway enough about Xavier.  Let me tell you about the place I moved to, it's this small town, not so far from the city called Myer Hills. It is a beautiful and quiet place, surrounded by mountains and a deep forest. It was the perfect place to go to if you are trying to start a new life, or to raise a family. The first week I was here, I was at work when a group of people came in and one of those people was Alpha Stephan of the Blue Moons Pack, I had no idea that a pack lived here but they were very welcoming. He allowed me to stay due to my circumstances and he and the rest of the pack have been so helpful since then.  A lot of people in the pack think that Stephan likes me, and I know you you are probably wondering what about his mate, well Stephan actually lost his mate during a rouge attack a couple of years ago and only recently he has been looking for a new Luna and mate. I was not ready for that commitment. I don't even think I even wanted to be in a relationship. All I want to do is focus on my children and getting my life back on track.

Stephen was sweet though. He would come into the resturant all the time to check on me and ask about the babies. He would offer to drop me home even though I had my own car. I am pretty sure he rented the apartment next to me so he could stay there and keep an eye on me, seen as I lived far away from the pack house. It was nice to have someone that cared and looked out for me the way he did. He even offered for me to moved into the pack house but I always decline because I wanted my own space for me and the babies. 

I was getting ready to leave work, when the door opened. It was Stephan. 

"How did I know that it would be you?" I smiled. 

"Am I not allowed to check up on my favourite lady." He joked. 

"Oh stop." I laughed.

"How are you doing?" I asked. 

"I am doing good, even better know that I am seeing you." 

I blushed.

"Oh come on Ari. Don't go all shy on me now." 

"I am not going shy." 

"Then why are your cheeks blushing." He joked. 

"I'm not." I said embarassingly. 

He just laughed at me. I had to me admit, Stephen was very goodlooking and I had slight feelings for him. How could I not? He was so caring and protective, since the beginning he has made me feel so special and welcomed. He is everything I could have wished for in a mate. I grabbed my stuff and he walked me to my car. 

"So the reason why I stopped by was, I was wondering if you wanted to do something tonight?" He asked. 

"Like what?" 

"For some food." 

"Is this you asking me out Stephen?" I joked.

"Yes, I think you know how I feel about you." 

"Well in that case. Yes I would love to come out with you tonight." 

Stephen smiled. 

We reached my car. He held open my car door and waited for me to get in.

"I'll pick you up at 9." he smiled. 

"See you then." 

He closed my car door and waited till I drove off before he headed to his car. I can't believe I am actually going on a date with Stephen. This would be my first proper date. I was so excited. I arrived home and headed straight for the shower. I had to get ready. I only had two hours to get myself sorted and being my first date, I didn't know what to expect. I showered and headed straight to my wardrobe. I looked through it and realised I didn't have anything. Just maternity clothes. I hadn't prepared to go on a date and every other dress I had wasn't going to fit. What was I going to do? I tried on jeans, leggings, trousers and nothing felt or looked right and time was ticking. 

The door suddenly knocked. 9pm. He was here and I still had my robe on. Oh no. He was going to hate me. I answered the door and he took in my appearance and looked confused. 

"Not ready yet?" he questioned.

"You are going to hate me." I sighed.

"Why?" 

"I don't have anything to wear. I hadn't planned to go on a date, so I hadn't prepared for one. All my clothes are too small." 

"Ariana, I am not going to hate you because of that. If anything it is my fault, this was a little short notice." he smiled. 

"So you aren't mad?" 

"Of course not, we can still do something." 

"Like what?" 

"Let's stay in. We can order some food and watch a film here. How does that sound?" he asked. 

"That sounds amazing , thank you." 

"Great. Now go and get something comfy on and I'll order us something." 

I smiled and headed to my room to put some shorts and a top on. I was so glad he wasn't mad. I headed back into the living room. Stephen was sitting on the sofa, with a blanket wrapped around him. Snacks were on the table, popcorn, chocolate. crisps and a few drinks. As i approched he lifted the blanket up so I could stand up. 

"I hope you don't mind that I grabbed some snacks from the cupboard." 

"No, not at all. Grab whatever."

"Cool. I ordered us some pizza. Is that okay?" 

"Yeah that's perfect." 

We started the movie. It was nice. I had never done this with anyone before. I snuggled up to him. He wrapped his arm around me. I felt safe. He was so warm and comfortable. He looked down at me and smiled. He pulled me in closer.

"You comfortable?" he asked.

"Yeah I am, thank you." 

"Great. This feels nice, being here with you." 

"Yeah, it is. Isn't it?" 

"Yeah, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else." 

We stared at each other, he slowed leaned down and placed a soft kiss on my lips. I kissed him back. The kiss was sweet and gentle but still full of passion. He pushed me back so he was on top of me. The kiss became more intense, his hands began exploring my body. I haven't felt like this since Xavier. I never thought I would. He began to kiss down my neck when the door knocked. 

"The food. I forgot. Way to ruin the moment." he laughed.

"I know."

 "We can finish this later." he smiled as he got off me. 

As if that just happened. I can't wait to see where this goes.