Apologies

A couple of hours had passed and my brusies had fully healed and I was headed back to the pack house from my day trip with the kids.
As I stepped into the door I was greeted by one of pack members.

"Sorry to disturb you Luna but the Alpha has requested too see you in his office immediately." She said

"Thank you erm...do you mind watching the twins for me?"

"Of course Luna" she smiled

"Thanks erm.."

"Sophie" she interrupted

"Thanks Sophie"

I left the twins with Sophie and I made my way too the Stephan's office.  I was soo nervous I didn't know what Stephan was going to do to me next. I started too panic as soon as I got closer and closer too his office door.

I took a huge deep breath and I knocked on the door.

"Come in" I heard faintly

I turned the door knob and gently opened the door.

I walked in and turned around too close the door, I took a huge breath and turned around to face him.

"Ariana"

"Stephan"

"I just...I just wanna say that I'm so sorry about earlier, I had no right to interfere with yours and Xavier's business and for hurting you I can not forgive myself. I am truly sorry Ariana, please forgive me."

"Stephan I don't know if I can I mean I don't want me or especially my children to be put in a  situation like that again Stephan, I told myself a few months ago that I'm done with being with men that hurt me and I am I can't go through that again."

"There is no way your comparing me to Xavier. How dare you. He used you for sex as if you were some cheap whore and then left you alone, while pregnant and to make matters worse he had  sex with other shewolves. " he shouted

"He didn't know I was pregnant when I left." 

"There you go, making fucking excuses for him. Have you forgotten all I have done for you? I took you in, gave you a home, a pack, a family. I was even going to raise your children as my own. Is that not good enough for you?" He said taking a step forward towards me. 

"I didn't ask you to do those things. Did I?" I shouted. 

"No you didn't and I am regretting it now. You are worthless Ari, do you know that? Not even you own mate wanted you and now I can see why. You are nothing but a worthless slut, who is good for nothing but maybe the occasional fuck. I actually feel sorry for your children,  having a whore of a mother like you. I have the perfect idea, maybe I should just take your kids and raise them on my own. They won't remember a piece of shit like you, or better yet maybe I should kill the little mutts. With the genes they have they won't be any use to me, you can't train trash." he giggled.

I saw red, no one talks about me kids. I slapped him hard across the face. 

"I don't care what you say about me. Say what you like, but one thing you don't do is threaten my children and their safety because it will be the last you do." I screamed.

 Stephen grabbed me by my neck and squeezed. 

"How dare you hit an Alpha, are you stupid? Now your kids are going to be motherless as you are going to die now. All that talk and you couldn't protect them. Pathetic." 

I was struggling to breathe. I could feel the life slipping away from me. Come on Ari, fight. Your children need you. 

There was a massive bang. 

Stephen's office door had been ripped of his hinges. It was Xavier. He ran over and grabbed Stephen off me and threw him against the wall. 

"How dare you lay a fucking hand on my mate. I heard what you said and I know what you did this morning and I do not take likely to threats against my mate or my children." He said as he slammed Stephen's head against the wall.

"Who the fuck do you think you are? Huh. Threatening a young mom and her children. You digusting piece of shit." He continued as he repeated punched Stephen in the face. 

"Yes, I may have hurt Ari but you know what make me better than you? I have never once laid a fucking finger on her. Only a weak and pathetic man hits a woman, and you messed with the wrong woman and children." He said as he repeatedly kicked in the the stomach. 

Stephen was bleeding really bad. 

"You...you know. Sh..She will choose me." Stephen laughed. 

"Oh is that right?" 

"Yea...yeah. I'll always be th..the better man." 

I walked over to them both. 

"I will never choose you again. You are nothing but scum. I never want to see your wretched face every again." I hissed. 

"We...we bo..both know that isn't true?" He smiled. 

His smile aggravated me. I kicked him straight in the face. He landed straight on the floor.

"I should kill you right where you lay, but I am a changed person and I want you to suffer. I want you to feel all this pain." Xavier spat. 

"Ari, let's go home." 

As we were leaving his office, a crowd had formed outside his office. 

"This is your Alpha. Pathetic. Hitting women and threatening children, he doesn't deserve to be Alpha. He can't protect you. Look at him, just a worthless mutt. If I were you, I'd be looking for a new Alpha." Xavier growled. 

We walked past the crowd and headed to get the children and our things. 

We packed everything in a hurry and left as soon as we could. As we finished packing up the car, some of the pack members were carrying Stephen out. He was in a bad way. He looked over at us and smiled. 

"I'll be seeing you and your little family real soon, Ari. Don't you forget this face as one day, I'll be coming for you, your children and your mate and it won't be a happy ending for either of you. I'll be looking forward to that day." He smirked. 

They placed him in a pack car and drove off. 

With that they left and I had never been more scared than I had been in that moment.

"What did he mean by that??"

"Don't worry about that okay? I will never let him or anyone hurt you again. For as long as I live I will protect you and our children. You know I would die for you three." 

I looked in his eyes and I knew he was telling the truth. So much had changed in the last few hours, everything has changed tonight. I honestly felt safe around him. I couldn't help but lean into him and give him a slow kiss, I know it was wrong after what I just said earlier but I couldn't help myself.  He was my mate and this was how it was meant to be.

I pulled back and stared at him.

"What's wrong?" He said worryingly

"Nothing it just I can't do this right now, I'm sorry."

"It's okay there's no need for you to apologise I know what you mean, let's take baby steps."

I smiled at him

"Okay now let's get you and the kids stuff sorted, so we can get out of here."

The kids were strapped in the car and everything was ready, me and Xavier got in the car and started to drive off but I looked back to take a look at our old home. As I did I saw Stephan's last words to me gave me the chills. Did he actually mean what he said? Was he really going to come after us? After what happened today I wouldn't put nothing past him and from this point on, I had to have my guard up.