Old families, New families

A whole week has gone by since I came back to the pack and to be honest I haven't really left the house. My nerves are through the roof,  I can't bare to see anyone I am just not in the mood for them to to judge me about my decision to leave with the future heirs of this pack. I am sure they all know by now.  It's not like I wanted to be a put in this situation, it just happened.  I didn't want to leave but it was something I needed to do for myself and for my children. 

The plus side is that I am home.  I didn't realised how much I missed everything until now, being able to see it all again and think of all the good memories that I had here before it all went to shit. My family, Charlotte, I am not sure if they have been told that I am back but I guess it couldn't hurt to find out. I am almost excited, it has been a while since I saw anyone. It would be good to see some familiar faces.

I plucked up the courage enough  to get me and the twins ready for the day. This was going to be their first time seeing their grandparents and uncle so I had to make sure they looked extra adorable today.

I brought the kids downstairs and sat them down in their highchairs so they could eat. I placed some toast and fruit on their trays, as they started eating I prepared their bags for the day. I packed their bottles, nappies, wipes, spare clothes and some of their favourite toys. Xavier made his way into the kitchen and gave the kids a kiss on the forehead before grabbing himself a coffee. 

"You look nice." He said. 

"Thank you." I smiled as I handed him his breakfast. 

He smiled at me and went to sit down next to the children.

"So where are we off to today?" he questioned.

"I thought it would be a good idea to go and see my parents now that I am home. They haven't seen or heard from in over a year. When I left I was meant to keep in contact but I decided not to as at the time I was scared of you finding me and I didn't want them to be forced to tell you. So I decided going ghost was the best thing."

"I see what you mean. I doubt they would have told me anyway even if thet were forced too." 

"I just couldn't risk it." I muttered. 

 "I get that. Do you want me to come? As I was thinking after we spent some time with your family, I was thinking we could then head to mine as now they know about the twins they really want to meet them."

"Sure, why not? It will be nice for the kids to see both sides of the family." I replied

"Great I'll let them know." He said

"Xavier, do my family know I'm back?" I asked

"No they don't, I thought it was best if you told them. I am not their favourite person right now." 

"Okay then, that's probably for the best. It will be a nice little surprise for them."

"It will be. I'll just go get myself ready." he said as he headed upstairs. 

Now that I was alone. I pulled out my phone and dialed my parents house number.  It started to ring. I don't know why I was so anxious, it's just my parents. I just hoped they wouldn't be too upset with me for being gone these few months. The phone rang a few times before someone answered.

"Hello" my mother said

"Hi mum."

"Ariana, is that...is that you?" She asked

"Yes mum it's me."

"Aww baby I'm glad you're alright why haven't you been in touch?"

"I thought I was best if I didn't contact for a while, you know. I was trying to keep a low profile."