13. homewrecker

5:30 pm, 15 minutes before you and kyle leave for dinner.

as im sitting on my bed waiting for kyle to arrive, i can't seem to get my converstaion with wendy out of my mind. "..her and kyle actually used to date.." the words ran through my mind amillion times. how am i supposed to sit and eat dinner with the both of them? i decide to occupy my mind for a few minutes by scrolling through random social media pages.

5:45

*doorbell*

i quickly grab my purse and run down the steps. i open the door to be greeted by kyle. he was standing outside nicely dressed holding a bouquet of roses. "kyle, you didn't have to get me these!" i say as i give him a big hug and he kisses my forehead. "your right, i didnt have to, i wanted to. you deserve the world and more, y/n." my heart is melting. how can someone be so perfect?

kyles pov

i grab her hand as we head to my car, and im immediately lost in my thoughts. do i tell her about heidi? yeah. right? i mean she has a right to know about her. and i know that shes going to try and ruin what we have together. before we head to the restaurant, i made sure to text wendy to make sure everything was set up for tonight.

kyle- hey wendy. just making sure your all set for tonight?

wendy t- hi! yes im on my way to your house now with bebe and stan. key is under the mat right?

kyle- yeah lol, her gift is on my bed. you know what to do?

wendy t- yep! you have fun at dinner, we can handle things over here. just make sure to text me or stan when your on your way back.

i put my phone in my pocket as we make our way to dinner. "y/n, i just wanna warn you about one of the people at dinner." "who? heidi?" she asks with a smirk. "you know about her? that makes this easier honestly." i sigh in relief. "wendy told me about her and your history together. no biggie." she says with a shrug. "i mostly want to warn you on how she acts. its almost as if she convinces herself that i want anything do to with her, which i don't. just promise me if you feel uncomfortable to let me know okay?" i say as i squeeze her hand. she squeezes back. "i will ky, dont worry." she smiles at me and i cant help but smile back.

we pull into the restaurant parking lot, and i get out and open the door for y/n. she shoots me a quick smile before grabbing my hand. she looks beautiful. she had a tight leather skirt on, and a black long sleeve to go with it, paired with some doc martins and stockings. her hair was perfectly straight, and her makeup was flawless. we walk into the restaurant hand in hand, and we spot the table with my parents and the turner family. i pull her chair out for her and take a seat next to her. heidi was across from us. "y/n," my mom says, "this is the turner family. their daughter, heidi, is in your grade!"

y/ns pov

"heidi this is y/n, kyles friend." she says as she puts her hand on my back. "hey!" i say with a small wave and smile. "hi." she responds coldly. "kyylleeee! i missed you sooo much" she gushes. i felt a tang of jealousy in my chest. "hi heidi." he quickly responds as he places his hand on my thigh.

"so kids, how do you feel about starting school tomorrow? y/n you must be nervous, first day!" gerald says. "im definitely nervous, im honestly just happy to have kyle by my side for it." as i say this, i feel a squeeze on my thigh. if looks could kill, the one heidi was giving me at this very moment would in an instant. i tried not to let it bother me for the rest of the dinner. i notice kyle on his phone, and then his mom, and then his dad.

kyles pov

*groupchat with mom and dad*

kyle- dont forget im taking y/n home a little early, you know the plan

mom- we know bubbie. good luck

dad- 👍

very reassuring dad, thanks..

authors note!!!

what is this kosher boy planning???

see i knew you thought heidi would ruin things!