Mistake that worked out (pt.2)

Matt's POV

I gather myself and join the group call with Soup and McNasty. "Damn finally. What took you so long? You and Dooo jerking each other off or what?" McNasty says slightly annoyed. "Did Dooo say whether or not to keep the clip in?" Soup says while opening his 3rd beer of the night. "He said he didn't care" I lied. "Ok well I'll leave it in I guess" McNasty says with a sigh. "Aww is little box boy getting tired?" Soup says teasingly with a chuckle. "It doesn't have to be done until tomorrow night. Just go to bed" I say and he nods. "Yea I'm gonna go too I'm going fishing in the morning boys!" Soup says with his loud voice. "Have fun you crayon eater" McNasty says with a small laugh. "I'm gonna use the red crayon as bait bubba!" Soup says loudly and leaves the call. I smile and shake my head. "Good night Box boy" I say and McNasty waves before leaving the call.

McNasty was onto something for a sec.

I smile and turn off my monitor. I reach down and pet Doug who wandered into my room a few seconds ago. "Yea I know it's bed time bud. Let's go" I say with a stretch.

-a couple months later-

It's been a while since me and Dooo have started our little "business calls". It feels like every other night the calls just happen. He's been getting less nervous and more "into it" I guess you'd say. He's been the one to start the calls lately. The way he talks has changed too.

He more comfortable and that makes me excited.

All the Goons are finally having our meet up. We're meeting face to face. Its Dooo's first time showing the other guys his face. We've been texting all night. I don't mind since I'm actually just as nervous. It's a big step. We decided to meet up in LA. There's just more to do. I guess. McNasty was complaining about travel so we all said we'll come down there just to get him to shut up. I landed about 10 minutes ago. I'm just trying to find baggage claim. Dooo's flight got delayed so his flight should've been arriving pretty close to mine. Soup got here yesterday. He got his ticket for the wrong time.

Idiot

I finally find baggage claim and walk over to grab my bag. I see my bag and pull it off the conveyor belt. I sigh and decide to check my phone. I don't see any new messages. Maybe he just hasn't landed yet. I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn around. "Yo". I almost drop my phone. I put it in my pocket and wrap my arms around Dooo. "When did you land?" I ask letting him go. "Like 20 minutes ago. I've just been chilling and trying to shake away the nerves" he rubs the back of his neck and blushes very lightly. "I just got here too. Wanna head to the hotel so we can drop our shit off and head to McNasty's?" I ask and he nods.

-Later that night-

It's about 8:30pm. We're just at a bar talking, drinking, and having fun. Well Dooo doesn't drink that much, but we did get him to try at least one drink which he hated. "That shit taste like straight trench foot" he says cringing. "As opposed to gay trench foot" Soup says while taking another drink of his beer. "Do they taste different?" I ask and McNasty chuckles. "Gay trench foot has a little fruity flavor. It's like a watered down moldy kool-aid jammer". Soup almost spits out his drink and starts coughing. "You know from experience huh" Dooo says taking a drink of his soda that he ordered. "Is there something wrong with that? You being homophonic?" McNasty jokingly says. Dooo spills a little bit of his drink. "Damn it you made me spill my drink" he says laughing and the jokes just keep on and on throughout the night.

Time flew by so fast. It's now midnight and McNasty said that he was getting tired. He wasn't just tired. He was drunk. Dooo and Soup spent the whole time picking on him as we sat outside waiting for our Ubers. Soup was staying at the hotel that was closer to McNasty so he was going to ride with him and make sure he didn't die. Me and Dooo were staying at a different hotel. We get into the Uber and enjoy the relaxing ride. When we get to our hotel, we get out of the Uber and pay the driver. He drives off and we walk in the front doors. Me and Dooo weren't exactly tired so we decided to just chill out. We went to my room and got inside. We spent a good amount of time talking about random shit and laughing. It's now 2 am. Dooo is still laughing about some stupid shit I said like 2 minutes ago. I just stare at him and smile.