HAU GxP (Pt.2)

Puffer's POV

It's been a hot minute since that morning and I still can't stop thinking about it.

Waking up on Grizzy's chest while the sun outlines his features and listening to his heart beating as he peacefully sleeps....NO! NO! NOOOO! NOPE! HE'S OUR FRIEND!!!
HE STAYED BECAUSE YOU ASKED HIM TOO!
SHUT THE FUCK UP! I WAS DRUNK!
BUT YOU WOULDN'T HAVE EVER ASKED HIM TO DO THAT IF YOU DIDN'T ACTUALLY L-

"Yo Puffer?" Pezzy says shifting on the bench and snapping me out of my thoughts.

Right...conversation! Pay attention stupid!

By the way, we're outside currently waiting for the others to get back from the town with dinner and more groceries. We found an out picnic table and decided to come enjoy some nature.

"Huh?" I ask quickly. "What about you? Did you ever call that hot waitress? The one that gave you her number at breakfast the other morning". I shake my head. "Nope. Honestly I forgot about that and I think I accidentally threw the number away". "Wait she actually gave you her number?!" Droid asks in surprise his tail stopping for a second before continuing to move slowly side to side. "You mean that hot Latina mountain lion hybrid!? Damn Puffer I see you! She was flirting with you the whole time so I'm not surprised" Grizzy says with a smile his ears twitching slightly as he smiles. I clear my throat . "Yeah she was pretty...just...not my type. Plus there was a guy staring me down that whole time. She probably was trying to make him jealous or something. He looked like he wanted to strangle me". "Well then what is your type?" Grizzy asks and I blush slightly. "What?" I ask and he chuckles. "What is your type?". Pezzy and Droid look at each other and smirk. "Oh my god Droid did we just have the same thought?" Pezzy asks his tail swaying behind him and Droid nods. "Probably. Is Grizzy your type Puffer?" Droid asks nonchalantly. I turn toward Droid and give him a death glare. Grizzy blushes and turns to Droid. Pezzy just dies laughing while holding his stomach. "Yo guys! We made it back!" Smii7y yells holding shopping bags full of stuff. "WE GOT PIZZA FOR DINNER BOYS!" Blarg yells and hold the pizzas as high as he can. McNasty jogs over to make sure Blarg doesn't drop the pizza. "Matt if you drop any of those pizzas, I'll lock you outside all night". Droid stands up and throws his arms up. "Let's go! Finally! We're dying of hunger!". Pezzy and Grizzy stand up with him and they start making their way to the cabins. I sit for a second lost in thought again.

His ears always twitch when he smiles...his smile is so...bright-

"Puffer? You coming?" John yells down at me. "Y-Yeah! I'm coming!". I quickly stand up and make my way up the small hill.

-A couple hours later-

I sit quietly and think to myself the whole time we eat. Tuning in and out of random conversations. I don't have an appetite anymore. I just feel nauseous, but I force myself to take a few bites here and there to not seem so suspicious.

The way he smiles, the way he laughs, the way he talks, his eyes...his........him. He makes me smile, he makes me laugh, they way he looks at me. I....I think...I love-

My thoughts get cut off again by someone tapping my shoulder. I drop my plate (which was paper and my cup which was....not) in surprise and the pizza flops on the floor and the cup shatters spilling my drink and a ton of glass everywhere. "Shit! Sorry Puffer!" Smii7y says as he grabs a bunch of napkins off of the table. "No it's fine. I can't eat anything anyway. Here I'll get it" I say as I stand up quickly and go to grab some cleaning supplies.

-Even later-

Grizzy's POV

I look around the living room and notice how everyone is here having a nice time except Puffer. I nudge Blarg. "Hey have you seen Puffer?". "Oh yeah he said he wasn't feeling good and needed some fresh air. I think he's on the porch". "Ok thanks. Imma go check on him". Blarg smiles at me. "Ok. Tell him he's missing out. We're gonna play truth or dare!". I smile and nod. I walk over to the front door and walk outside closing the door behind me. I look around and notice that Puffer isn't on the porch. I look around and finally I see him sitting at the picnic table staring up at the stars.

I walk down the small hill and place my hand on his shoulder. "Hey. They're about to play truth or dare. Wanna play?" I ask and he shakes his head. "I'm not really in the mood for truth or dare right now. Maybe in a bit".

He didn't even look at me. I have to ask him.

"Puffer? You've been spacing out a lot lately. Is something on your mind? You know I'm here for you man. You're my best friend". Puffer still doesn't look at me and instead looks down. "It's nothing..." Puffer says sort of quietly. "I can tell that it's something and it's really bothering you. You can tell me whatever it is. I'll try and help as much as I can. I promise". "It's not something...it's someone" Puffer says quietly, but still loud enough for me to hear. "Well who is it?" I ask and he turns to me with a red face. "U-Uh...um" Puffer stutters. A thought pops into my head and I smirk. "Is it about that girl? You should go for it man. She seems nice and she seems really into you. Just tell her that you lost her number and ask her-". Puffer cuts me off. "It's not about the girl Grizzy". "Oh well is it someone else? Is it that one girl you were talking about from the store the other day? Or is someone making you uncomfortable? Or-". "It's about YOU Nelson!" Puffer yells slightly cutting me off again. My face turns to slight shock. Puffer stands up and starts pacing. "I can't stop thinking about you! Ever since that morning that I woke up on your chest! I got to thinking about how I actually feel! You always make me feel like I can do almost anything! You make me so mad about how frustrated and flustered you get me! I can't stop thinking about how nice your smile is, how intoxicating your laugh is, how soft and gentle your eyes are and how they just make me go crazy! You don't know how long I've held back these feelings because I thought I was just overthinking things! I dream about waking up with you in the morning, going out together, holding hands, laughing, hugging, kissing you...I c-can't stop! I-I think I l-". I cut Puffer off by standing up and stopping him in place. I place my finger on his lips. He blushes a deep red. I move my hand away from his face. I stare into his eyes as I place my right hand on his cheek. I cup his cheeks with both hands softly and pull him into a sweet kiss. He kisses back almost instantly. After a minute, we pull away for air and open our eyes. We stare at each other until I snap back and smile softly at him. "You don't know how long I've waited to hear those words. I'm so glad that you said it first. I kept pussying out. I thought that you liked one of those two girls and that I could never compete". Puffer just stares. "Chris? Are you ok?". Puffer walks up to me and pulls me in by my shirt into another kiss. I place my hands on his hips and kiss back. He pulls away from the kiss and looks down. "Nelson...will you-". "Yes" I cut him off and he looks over at me. "You cut me off!" He says pushing me away with an annoyed look. "I already knew what you were gonna ask so it doesn't matter!" I chuckle. "We'll let me actually ask!" He yells with a chuckle. "Ask away". "Nelson will you go out with me" he says and I smile. "Yes I'll go out with you. Now can we please go back inside and have some fun with the others?" I say as I hold out my hand. He smiles and grabs my hand. "Fine. It's boring out here anyway". I roll my eyes and we start walking back up the small hill.

-A little earlier-

"I told you! Pay up whoever said that it wouldn't happen! They kissed! That's $20 from each of you!" Blarg yells over the crowd of people staring in shock out of the windows of the cabin. Soup, McNasty, Dooo, Smii7y, Droid, and Pezzy all take $20 from their wallets and hand it to Blarg. " knew it all along so split that shit" John says sitting down on the couch. "I would've never thought that they would actually kiss" Pezzy says sitting down on the giant beanbag chair. Droid sits next to him. "I mean they do flirt a lot, but I thought that was just dudes being dudes". "Grizzy is like one of the straightest guys I know. Well I guess not anymore" Dooo says sitting in between Soup and McNasty. "Shit! They're coming! Sit back down!" Blarg says almost tripping as he sits back down in his spot. Blarg shoves the money in his pocket and smirks to himself.

I knew it :)