I love you like an alcoholic (Pt.1)

G x D

No one's POV

Nelson hasn't been in the best of places right now mentally. He's been having a hard time finding that spark that drives him to do his job. He's been backing out of recordings left and right. The person who's noticed this the most is Jamie. Jaime brought it up to the others and they said that it happens even to them sometimes, but that answer wasn't enough for him.

So that brings us here with Jaime on his way to Nelson's house at 4 pm after Nelson left him on read for the millionth time.

Jaime makes his way up to the front door and knocks, but there's no answer. Just silence. Jaime knocks again and this time he hears someone moving around, but still no one answers. "Griz? Hey it's me. Open the door" Jaime says slightly loud. Jaime sees Nelson stumble towards the door almost tripping multiple times. The door finally opens and he stares in disbelief at the sight of his friend. "Hey! Droid when did *hic* you get here? Come in! Wanna drink? I got *hic* so much shit!" Nelson says dragging Jaime inside by his wrist. Nelson lets go of Jaime once they get inside and starts walking towards the kitchen almost falling again. Jaime rushes over and stops the man. "Nelson why are you so wasted? It's 4:15 pm on a Wednesday and you aren't recording so you can't lie" Jaime says making the man look at him. "I don't *hic* know man. I guess I got a little carried-". Nelson cuts himself off and stares at nothing for a few seconds before he runs to the bathroom. Jaime follows him. Nelson drops to his knees and leans over the toilet.

He puked....like a lot.

Jaime helps Nelson stand up and leads him slowly up the stair and into his room. "Sit down and I'll get you some water" Jaime says as he helps him sit down. "I *hic* already have a drink downstairs". "No you don't!". Jaime jogs down the stairs and goes into the kitchen. He grabs a glass from the cabinet and fills it with water. Jaime looks around and notices the mess all over the place. Bottles, food packages, cans, etc. He sighs and shakes his head. Jaime makes his way upstairs and walks over to Nelson who is silently sitting on the edge of his bed staring at the floor. Nelson looks up at Jaime with tears starting to fill his vision. Jaime quickly sets the glass down on the dresser and makes his way over to Nelson. Jaime engulfs him into a hug. Nelson starts sobbing and shaking while trying to talk to Jaime who can barely understand a single word because of the jumbled or even seemingly made up words coming from his friend's mouth.

-Later-

It's now 10:30 pm. Nelson has been asleep for a while after his meltdown and Jaime decided that he was going to help him out by cleaning up a bit....well cleaning a lot actually.

He got a little carried away.

Jaime hears a noise come from upstairs and rushes to Nelson's room. Nelson whimpers and turns in his sleep. Jaime rushes to the bathroom to refill up the glass from earlier and to get some headache meds. Jaime walks over to Nelson and shakes him awake lightly. Nelson stirs and finally wakes up. "You don't have to get up, but you should take this for the headache". Nelson nods and sits up. He takes the pills and drinks the water like he was lost in a desert for days without it. Jaime grabs the glass from him and sets it a side. "Are you ok?" Jaime asks and. Nelson nods as he lays back down. Jaime smiles slightly. He gets up to leave, but as he does, he hears another whimper come from behind him. He turns around and sees Nelson looking at him with a very sleepy expression. "Do you need the trash or something?" Jaime asks and Nelson shakes his head. Jaime walks back over to him and Nelson pats the open space next to him softly. "You want me to lay with you?". Nelson blushes slightly and nods. Jaime doesn't think twice before going to the other side and climbing under the covers. Without warning Nelson reaches over and wraps his arms around Jaime's waist. Jaime tenses up and goes to say something, but gets cut off by Nelson pulling him into his chest. Jaime blushes, but lays his head softly on the man's chest. After a while, the tension leaves Jaime's body as sleep begins to take over.

Both men sleep in this position for the entire night....until they wake up and realize their position. The wake up around the same time and stare into each other's eyes.

"Droid?"