18

Louis was nervous, very nervous.

Today is a big day, he would give Harry the present he bought with Lottie, a special present.

He had bought the boy a promise ring, because he wanted to thank him for everything he had done for him, and it kept so much more meaning to him.

"Love, you seem stressed." Harry looked up from the book he was reading, pinching his glasses back further onto his nose.

Louis sighed. "Just tired, I think," he lied, trying not to let Harry suspect anything.

Harry didn't seem to believe him but didn't push on the matter.

"Alright, tell me if I can do something for you."

Louis smiled. "Actually, I really want to go to the park with you, just chill out a bit, there probably won't be any paparazzi." He shrugged.

Harry stood up. "Well let's go then, seems like a great idea!" Louis chuckled, glad he wanted to go.

"Let me fetch a hoodie from upstairs real quick, be right back!" He sprinted upstairs, quickly grabbed a hoodie from the closet he and Harry shared and went to his nightstand, pulling open the drawer.

He smiled, seeing the small, shiny box sitting there. He put it in his pocket and pulled up the hood from his hoodie before returning to Harry, fixing his fringe in the hallway mirror in the meantime.

Harry was already waiting inside the car which stood in the garage.

It was late evening, so paparazzi probably wouldn't be outside the gate.

They drove over to the park, listening to the radio and talking some about random stuff.

Louis fiddled with his hands as he stepped out of the car once they arrived, running over to Harry's side and opening the door.

"Thanks babe, you're sweet," he said, kissing Louis's cheeck quickly.

Louis smiled as Harry took his hand in his and they began walking. It was a warm evening, the weather nice even though it was almost December.

The birds were chirping, flowers beautifully blooming, the both of them enjoying this since it probably would get chilly the next days, the flowers wilting soon.

They walked alongside a small river, Louis almost tripping on some rocks but Harry of course catched him.

"Shall we sit down there?" Harry pointed to a bench in the middle of a field of grass.

They sat down and Louis bit his lip, the nervous feeling boiling up again.

Harry propped his hands behind his head on the bench, his legs spread out in front of him.

Louis looked at him, he was just so beautiful. His curls now almost reached his shoulders, which was suiting him pretty well. He had styled it and slicked it back, a cute, red bandana in his hair.

He was wearing some skinny jeans and a casual, black shirt and his usual chelsea boots.

His appearence was just as precious as his personality. They had gotten to know each other so much over the months, their six months anniversary almost coming up.

Louis was excited to learn more about Harry everyday, because that was happening for sure. It felt like they became closer everyday, sharing more and more along the way.

Harry was watching the river in the distance, a smile on his face. "Isn't it just beautiful?" Louis looked at him. "Yeah, it is."

Harry turned his head. "You're not even looking! You were saying that about me!" Louis chuckled. "So what if i was?" He grinned, Harry smiling and laughing.

Louis felt like this was the moment he had been waiting on for weeks, almost a month. It wasn't like he didn't want to give him this sooner, there just hadn't been a good moment.

"Harry?"

"Yes?" He looked at Louis, curiousity in his eyes.

Louis reached for the small box that was impatiently waiting in his back pocket.

He showed it to Harry. "This is for you."

Harry looked at it in suprise, slowly taking the box out of Louis's hands. "For me?"

"No I got it for myself, just wanted to show it to you," he sassed, playfully rolling his eyes.

Harry kissed his forehead. "Thank you, you didn't have to get me anything." Louis waved his hands in front of him. "Open it already!" He smiled, Harry taking off the red bow on top of the box.

He opened it, gasping once he saw what's inside. He carefully took it out. "A ring?! It's so pretty! It even has our names engraved and the date when we met! Oh, and one for you as well? A matching one!"

Louis smiled. "I'm not going to propose to you if you're asking that, I know you want to do that and I don't mind it at all." He chuckled. "But I wanted to give you something special, to thank you for everything. Being my boyfriend, my partner in crime, my boyfriend, the one that's always standing next to me, literally. You're by my side at all times, you're my everything, Harry."

Harry teared up, lost for words. "You're more than welcome, love, I will continue doing all that and so much more in the future, I promise you."

Louis pulled him in for a quick hug. "I promise you everything I just told you, that's why I got you this promise ring, to promise you I will continue loving you and protecting you just the same you're doing to me, promising you we will get through this together, I will support you just like you support me, I will be the other half you need at times, you're right hand. You're doing so much for me, this is me showing you that I appreciate it and will do everything and anything for you, always and forever.

You deserve so much more and I will continue showing my love for you, this being something that you can wear on you, apart from having this memory kept in our heads and hearts." He sniffled as Harry listened closely.

"Alright I'm talking so much but I just wanted to give you something, at nights we have time together and can express ourselves and our love, now you got something to look at any time of the day, remind yourself that I'm always with you, even when I can't show it outside. Alright I'm rambling." He wetly chuckled as Harry pulled him into a passionate kiss.

When they pulled away Harry rested his head against Louis's. "You're amazing, I'm lost for words but I love it, I love you."

Louis caressed his cheek. "I love you, more than you will ever know."

--

Harry's one: Louis, June 21th 2021Louis' one: Harry, June 21th 2021

Louis' one: Harry, June 21th 2021

Here a picture of the promise rings! The one on top Harry's and the one below Louis's. (Just decided Louis also got a matching one because I loved it so much!

I do not own these pictures or any that might be included overall the story, if I do own one or some I will make that clear! <3

--

*cries in cuteness!*

Shall I include any of the other boys in the story? I mean we all love them together in fanfiction and real life but it needs to fit the story (: