Epilogue

Pagkapasok ko sa classroom ay agad kong nakita ang babaeng unang nakakuha ng pansin ko sa school year na 'to. Nakakapagtaka lang kasi wala siyang kahit isang kaibigan o kinakausap pero parang ang gaan ng buhay niya. Bilib na bilib ako sa kaniya.

I never had the plan to go near to her nor talk to her. All I know is her surname, Osorio.

But when the summer started and I was invited to a music workshop as a trainor, I saw her entered the main door. I acted like I didn't saw her especially when the kids called me and beg me to continue playing the drums.

I lost focus on making the kids' request thinking that she is here, and she will be a trainor too.

"Ikaw na, classmate." I was really having fun calling her classmate. I acted like I don't know her name but I really heard the support team calling her by her nickname.

"Lei.." mahina kong bulong sa pangalan niya. She was really good at maintaining her emotionless face although she heard me.

As days goes by I just realized that I like her. I don't know but I really do.

I was so happy when I saw her name at the same section with me. I never expected her to take ABM and thankfully we're in the same class again.

At first she looks irritated with my presence. But I don't care, I sat beside her and annoy her everytime. She's so cute, especially when she's out of patience.

Months passed we became close. We talked every night. I even tried to ask her if I can call, I'd like to tell her the happenings of my weekend and I'm too lazy to type.

I let her guard down and I don't want to waste a time not having a conversation with her. Pinaninindigan ko ang tiwala niya sa 'kin at ayaw kong masira iyon.

I never expected that my admiration for her became love. Hindi ako nakatulog ng ilang gabi nang maramdamang mahal ko na siya at natatakot ako na baka hindi niya ako gusto. I admit that I'm coward and I'm afraid to confess, so I chose to make her feel it instead.

I was really happy since the day I met her on summer and from that day I feel alive again. Nag-iba ang buhay ko at muli kong ninais ang mabuhay pa dahil sa kaniya. My last check-up, the doctor said I'm getting better. I fought against anxiety for her. I did my best to be strong again..

But the day came when my little brother expresses his anger that caused my parents to punish him. I was really an irresponsible brother that failed to protect him from the sadness that my family gave to him. And it caused boundary between us. It ruined our brotherhood.

I was more drained when I heard the news from my mom.

"That bitch is a daughter of your dad's mistress! Can't you understand that, Cly? Anak ng kabit ng ama mo!"

"Mom, Lei and her mother are not the same--"

"Stop convincing me that they are not the same. Wala kang alam! Wala kang alam sa mga sakit na nararamdaman ko noong linoloko tayo ng ama mo. At sige, kung ayaw mong lumayo sa kaniya, I'll call my sister to shut down their business."

That night I don't know how to handle the situation. I don't have a choice but to avoid talking with her. I chose to sacrifice my feelings and wanted her to move on. But at the same time I wanted her to be mine, I want her to wait for me until I am on my own feet and no one could control me. Selfishness, isn't it?

Pero pagkatapos ko siyang makausap at ipaalam sa kaniya ang mga iyon ay wala na akong nagawa pa kun'di lumayo na lang. Lumayo kasama ang nararamdaman ko para sa kaniya. I don't care if she'll move on, as long as I love her, that's all.

But after years of suffering. I was so relieved when I heard the news from my classmate back then that we have a reunion with our ABM class.

I was so happy until the day came. I wore my favorite necklace, kapares ito ng kwintas na ibinigay ko kay Lei noon. When I arrived at the venue all I was looking for was Lei.

After 6 years, I'm now meeting the only girl I loved and will love forever.

From that night that I had the conversation with her, I was back into life again. Nalaman ko rin galing sa kaniya na tinayo na ang shop nila sa harap ng eskinita kung saan dadaanin papunta sa kanila. Kaya ayon, lagi ko na siyang binibisita ro'n.

I asked my little sister if she wants ukulele so I could buy in their shop. Sekreto ko pang sinabihan ang tito niya na patagalin nila ang order ko para lagi akong makapunta ro'n at makita siya.

I bought the most beautiful necklace to give to her again and ask her to have lunch with me at the beach so I could court her.

And after months I heard her sweet voice saying 'yes' which made me cry of happiness. Nawalan ako ng lakas no'n at niyakap siya ng mahigpit.

We spent our years together and we faced many battles and fought it together. The next thing I bought was a ring.. an engagement ring. I decided to propose to her in my birthday, in front of my family.

I feel like I was floating the time I saw her crying in front of me because of happiness. I am so blessed having her in my life. She's my first and greatest love. The most beautiful gift from God.

The last plan was the house to build for the two of us and our future kids.

Hindi ko mapigilan ang luha na tumulo galing sa mga mata ko habang tinitignan ang bahay na nasa tabi ng dalampasigan.

"This is our dream house, love. We promise that we'll make amazing memories here." Hinalikan ko ang noo niya at pinulupot ang braso ko sa baywang niya.

Now that we have the house where we'll live as partners in life. Kasunod namang plano ay ang kasal namin.

"Now I announce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride."

She's now Kreshly Neveah O. Lenior, the wife of Orlando Clayton Lenior.

"I really never expected this to be real, I was just dreaming this moment for the whole 7 years of my life." Muling tumulo ang luha ko. Bumangon naman siya sa pagkahiga sa dibdib ko at hinaplos ang pisngi ko.

"You're just a stranger back then, Cly. A stranger that became a great part of my life." It flatters my heart. Those words that I'll never forget.

Hinila ko siya pababa sa 'kin at nagkalapit ang mga mukha namin. Hindi nawawala sa mga labi namin ang mga ngiti.

"I love you.. Lei." I kissed her softly.

"I love you, Cly." She then kissed me back.

It was summer when I fell in love, felt real pain, and realize many things in life.

Summer when I lost her, found her, and kept her.

END.