✅✅ chapter - ( 8 awkward conversations )

Shreya's pov
When the clock struck 8 I got my cue that it's time for me to get changed as I was turning off my laptop and clearing up the files someone knocked at the door and I said come in I was so engrossed in gathering my stuff that I didn't notice that my father was standing behind my back until he cleared his throat a bit loudly I said hey pops!!
Hello princess, I thought you must be dressing up or something but you are doing your work from the office.
Actually, after kind of stealing your car I left for the office but never reached there because of something so I called in and asked my darling friend Henna to mail it to me and guess what one day leave and I am stuck with so much workload.
So , that means you can't attend the dinner, I guess.
If you are teasing me papa , than it's not fair .
So now I can't tease my own daughter that's not fair either.
Whatever papa..I frowned and he laughed.
I'll miss it , why everyone is getting so emotional today it's not that I am going today and don't worry you'll be having your 3 prince 's with you
Yeah right so you want to marry that guy,  he asked me ?
I guess I don't know whatever you guys think is right but I have a gut feeling that you won't regret your decision and if it benifits all of us than I really don't mind marrying that guy and the bonus is he is not like the other stereotype guys who you have made me  meet before.
My father sighed," this guy has definitely something that my daughter is praising him but remember princess don't force this decision upon you just for our sake , we have started from zero and we have reached here and I know we can reach above that as well but for that I don't need my princess to sacrifice her whole life ."
Relax pops , I am not sacrificing, just learning to adjust rest your decision will be my last word.
My father nodded and said I am proud of you now got get ready before that guy shows up . I stood up walked my father out of my room and got dressed up after showering i wore a simple long orange kurti which reached quite below my knees accompanied by churridar and after brushing my straight hair and applying eyeliner and lip gloss i glided my way out of the room as it was already 8:45 .

_______________________
Rey's pov

After winding up all my work till 7:30 I made my way to the home I grabbed my phone from my pocket and checked out 2 miss calls from mum I called her back and got a decent scolding for working late I told her I am coming in 15 mins and then started checking Shreya's social profile which I never bothered to notice before. I noticed her privacy settings and then sent her requests everywhere.
This girl really made me felt like a love struck teenager. Damn , I said to myself and made my way out of the car and I rushed towards my room for getting dressed. I quickly took a shower and got dressed in khaki pants with blue buttoned shirt tucked in and sleeves folded upto elbows matching it with my black leather LV monks I lead my way out of the room and saw my mother already dressed up and waiting for me in the living area . The moment she saw me she told me you are late and I replied , " You are beautiful and I love you "
My mother said , save it for your future wife .
I gave a smug smile and replied I have many other tricks under my sleeve to convince her .
Shameless, she said and made her way out to the car and I followed her behind .
So did you get any gifts for her you are meeting her family first time officially .
No , I thought it would be not required since it's the first meeting .

As expected , my mum exclaimed!!

My stupid son , don't you know that the first impression is the last but don't worry I got your back and also I  bought a ring if in case everything runs smoothly .
Ring , you seriously are very excited aren't you??
Yes, I have been waiting to see you getting married and settled from so long and now finally the day is going to arrive very soon so what do you think??my mum replied...

She has every right to get excited but I am excited to meet that girl who has caused such a effect in my life . I still remember the first time I met her before her interview how she didnt noticed it was me and started yelling at me in the washroom when she caught me making out with the desperate women who could do anything to get a damn job but when she realized during the interview that I am the boss she didn't get scared but the confidence with in herself that she had ; she answered everything which quite impressed me .
I almost zonned out thinking about her when my mum snapped me out of my thoughts and told me we have reached her house . I looked carefully at there gigantic house it was grand but a bit smaller than ours as I got off my car I saw an expensive car collection lined up which was similar to mine collection . They really have money my mother commented I started laughing within myself that what will happen if they didnt get the required deal .
I noticed an elderly man along with Vijay Joshi and a man who appeared like Ajay Joshi were sitting in the glass drawing room which could be spotted from far were talking very seriously .
I instructed my mum to calm down while talking and dont get too much excited.
She replied annoyingly , fine .
As soon as we entered towards the door the maid guided our way to the glass drawing room . There house had a contemporary interior which was very pleasant and beautiful I think I need to hire their interior designer because his work is really impressive .
As soon as the three men saw us, they stood up and greeted us welcomed and then gestured the maid to call the ladies . Shreya's father and uncle met my mother very warmly and sincerely but they were both continusely giving me cold glares .
As soon as the door opened in two well dressed ladies accompanied by Shreya came in and the moment i saw Shreya it took my breath away .