5. Kainaat

It takes me a while to realize that kavish Solanki is not the main problem here . He just texted Devansh's pictures to my dad directly.  I and my father have a very formal and distant relationship.  I've hardly ever talked to him in person because my mother becomes a link between us . My dad is a very strict and ruthless father . My heart keeps racing and it almost jumps into my mouth when my phone rings . I automatically stop pacing in my room and sit near the bed to find that my mom is calling . Okay thank god .
"What's wrong kainaat" she sounds apprehended "your dad is really angry"

He doesn't need to be angry at Devansh but just break this engagement off .

"Why did you do it" she says making my heart sink to my stomach.

"I did ? What?"

"Why would you do anything like that kainaat,  God what is wrong with you"

What is wrong with me ?

"Your dad is so angry at you . What a disgrace it is to send something like that to your father ? You know what reputation Thakkars and Raisinghanias share in the society . Have you lost all your senses kainaat ? I thought you were a perfect daughter"

I fall numb as she keeps rebuking me about adicates and discipline but doesn't even say that he's wrong for once , for freaking once .

"He cheated on me" I say with my eyes fixed at another corner of my room where I left my books .

"You kids keep fighting forever , no matter what stunt Dev pulls or you , this engagement is final . If you both wish to study then stay put but if you don't stop making a mess out of our Prestige we'll have to bring you both back and marry you right NOW "

"I'm sorry " I squeeze my eyes shut as I see my dream of singing slipping from my hands . Stepping away from Devansh will ruin my future completely. As if staying with him wouldn't but at least music will not be taken away.

"I don't need your sorry, apologize to him so that he doesn't break the ties . Whatever mess you created kainaat,  clean it up or your father will have to come over . Then forget about your musical dreams .God,  At least you should have been a little greatful to devansh for letting you pursue your dreams even when his family is against it. How thankless of you"

"I'm sorry" I say as the door opens all of a sudden and he steps inside .Watching me on a call he leans against the door with that smirk on his face .

Yes you won asshole ,you always do.

"Text me when you make it alright,  your dad wants to know"

She hangs up and finally Devansh gets his turn .

"Did I ever touch you kainaat" he tilts his head to the side .

"As if you don't wish to " I say and he laughs out loud in response. 

"But still I didn't"

"Because you fucking know that I'm going nowhere , you'll always have an upper hand. You fucking know it"

"Do not yell at me" he grits his teeth stepping towards me but then calms down " so where was I,  ah yes , I didn't touch you ever did I? but today I will " he nods threatening me " I will in the most fucked up manner because you let HIM touch you"

My mind goes blank .

"I wasn't in the right state of mind because you just "

"So you'll go around and let any fucker dip his hand inside your pants" he clenches his jaw .

"It was not like that" I yelp.

"I do not fucking care kai . That guy is kavish Solanki . Do you know what his family does ? Do you know he's a bad bad boy and good girls like you aren't safe around people like him "

Mafias kill for money and they are the most depraved humans,  is what my father always says . He hates mafias .

"That's right , I know what you're thinking " he smirks "you father will choke you to death if he comes to know about this "

"Don't tell him please" it comes out like a whisper and his smirk widens.

"Why wouldn't I tell him kai , why wouldn't I" he walks around in my room like a mad dog " did you think about this when you sent my pictures to your  dearest dad ?"

" I'm sorry Dev" my voice breaks down " I'll not do it again "

"Great , now why did you fucking go there"

"She brought you food asshole " shru yells behind him and he rolls his eyes.

"Did I ask her"

"Are you insane , I'm so done with you Devansh . I am so fucking done with your shit . Stop breaking this girl , don't you see it"

Zara hugs me as I break down in tears.

"I will slap you so hard , get the fuck outta here" Zara screams.

"No , no don't yell at him please . It was all my fault" I get up .

"Seriously kai " inayat looks at me with dissapointment.

"Please please, I beg, please "

"That's alright" devansh hands me his handkerchief and smiles bending to come at my eyes level "I have nothing to do with you untill we get married , keep your paws off me , don't come into my way , do not come looking for me , in short stay the fuck away kai ." And he storms out of the room .

"Urghh " shru furiously gets out of my room followed by a dissapointed zara and apprehended Inayat .

I play music and keep looking at the ceiling for hours . The last time my parents took my consent was when I got engaged to Devansh . That last time was my biggest fucking mistake.

I Check my profile and post an old picture of my black guitar . It has sliver glittery patterns on it and my grandma bought it for me . I was so happy that day but today I lost it . The picture I post is from a few days back where my guitar is in the background and I smile in front. I write a caption  miss you but I'll forever love you .

Then I scroll my explore section and after that look for a new guitar online .

"Isn't that yours" ishani says loud and rushes inside  my room.  I get up and see what she has on her phone .

Ohh god no!

Two minutes ago her brother has posted a mirror selfie . He stands in front of the mirror flexing his tonned abs while in his room there is a corner where my broken guitar is on a side table.

I and ishani exchange glares after I read the caption will keep it safe  . Ohh and fuck them all sweetheart.

__________________________