7. kainaat

"At least you can try to understand him, if you both come closer then only you can see how and what he thinks"

Life is toxic when you are surrounded by people who listen but don't understand. They want you to agree but they will never agree . They want you to care but they will never care.

"You want me to make efforts when he told me to get out of his way" I ask my mother not expecting her to say no .

"He was angry kainaat, he said things out of infuriation. Just go and tell him how much he matters to you "

He matters ?
Every ounce of my blood screams no .

"I don't---feel anything for him, I never will"

"Stop being a brat kainaat , save your engagement save yourself from falling from your dad's eyes"

My stomach churns and my chest aches but I sigh and hang up after making sure I told her that I'll do whatever she says even though that guy doesn't even pick my calls .

Life mantra for me now is Fuck you self-respect.

For the night I keep reminding myself that just a little more , just a little more effort and everything will be fine .

Because there is no going back .

A new day begins and I get out of my room cheerful as always . Ishani used to sleep in my room because lonliness eats me up but that's what I'm left with.

Last night went with a lot of drama happening at the Apartment because Shivay beat a few guys for Shruti and Devansh was very infuriated.

" what's the delicious---" I stop when I see them both eating together . They just had a fight last night and still finding them like this . I guess this is the love I'm never gonna get . Not that I expect it from that lying cheating dog .
Control kai control .

"Unbelievable " I walk towards the kitchen but my spine jerks straight when Devansh comes in talking about Abhimanyu

"That fucker is finally awake where is Zara , she'll be in trouble if he comes here "

"She'll be back soon" shru answers him but I think this the right time for me to fake concern for him because mommy Wants me to.

"What happened to you " I ask and he ignonres me . As if I don't even exist. How am I suppose to marry a bastard who doesn't even see that I exist and his negligence towards me is so damn hurtful.

"Dev"I hold his wrist which he yanks away .

My self-respect shatters and falls on its knees when anger seeps into my skin.

"What the fuck is your problem goddammit " he barks and I flinch shutting my eyes . My heart begins pounding againt my chest .

Don't cry don't cry .

I collect all my infuriation towards him and say whatever shit I really want to say to him .

"What the fuck is your problem ? Stop treating me like a piece of shit you moron, I'm trying to be nice here " my voice echoes around him .

"What do you want from me ? To pretend like a fiance ? "

The fucking audacity of this man.

"Last I checked You ARE my fiance "

"Last I checked this engagement is a business fucking DEAL "

" so fucking what ?" I scream on top of my lungs " that gives you the right to treat me like garbage , like I'm nothing?"

"If you feel I'm treating you like that, get out of my fucking way and stop behaving like a fourteen year old damn clingy girlfriend who is so dumb she cannot even see her place"

Place? What is my place in his life ? Someone who was forced onto him. My situation is no different but I am a girl . That is the problem.

Shru slams her palm on the kitchen counter as she asks him " can you stop being a jerk for once ? "

"Can she stop being an octopus for fucking once ?"

Shivay drags shruti out before she could counter but she doesn't need to speak for me . I will .

"I am not an octopus, I let you go Devansh thakkar . This is infact the last time I talk to you . Do whatever shit you wanna do , go wherever the hell you wanna go . Fuck whoever you wish to but don't show me your fucking face even after I get married to you . I hate you so much"

"So that you can go to that Solanki"

"Why the fuck do you care"

"Because you fucking have my last name , my ring"

"Well, last I checked You didn't give two shits to me , my ring , this engagement"

"I swear kainaat if you go to him" he steps closer to me "I will kill him"

It's funny how he's the biggest cheater , liar , depraved and dishonest human being and he thinks I'll go to someone else while I have this ring on .

That person is not kainaat . I keep my morals so high that this egoistic bastard cannot even think of .

"I'm done with you " I deadpan crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"But I'll never be done with you and you're mistaken if you think I'll come to you if you play that hard to get game"

"Wake up from your fucking dreams Devansh Thakker everything is not about an asshole like you "

Instantly he raises his hand and I turn my face to the right expecting a slap but his palm slams againt the side table.

"Get the fuck out of my face" he growls and I step away.

From this day onwards , I take this engagement as something that I will never accept from my heart . He doesn't exist for me as well from now on because only I am not supposed to carry the weight of this engagement on my shoulders . If he wants to break it off , he can do it. If he wants to snitch to my dad , he can do it but I am not taking his shit anymore.

_________________________