17. kainaat

I stand near Ishani's mom with my eyes fixed at them . He hugs her formally and she smiles when he asks " how are you here"

"Came to check up on ishani but I didn't know she's not here"

"Yeah she stays at the campus with kainaat and other girls " aunt holds my arm and I nod .

"Hii kainaat , you are a cutipie like ishani " she laughs " Isn't she"

Kavish nods with his stupid arm still around her .

"She's our-" ishani's mom says but kavish cuts her off saying "let's go in first"

My heart aches as they both walk smiling at each other .

"She seems close" I smile but ishani's mom waves her hands in free air saying "sweetheart you really don't need to worry"

My face turns pale and I know kavish heard what she called me because he looks over his shoulder and smirks before voicing "you don't get to call her that"

"I know my son is extra over possessive " she chuckles "He's possessive about Ishani too . Ohh and how's she doing?"

"She's a free bird you know it" we laugh as the girl and kavish sit on a couch away from us . She takes out some files and he sitting next to her , looks through the papers carefully .

"You like cupcakes ?"

I nod and smile but she seems dejected when she utters "my ishi likes them too but you know she cannot eat such foods"

"Not even a little " I ask and she smiles "sometimes"

"Ishani" I hear a manly voice and I turn to find Ishani's dad strutting inside followed by two men dressed in black while he has worn a tux .

"Too bad , She's not Here dad" kavish strolls towards his father who now looks at me "but kainaat is "

He knows me ?

"How was the meeting " he smiles looking at me which is very very strange considering he's such a powerful mafia lord . I think there are a lot of stereotypes related to mafias .

"They want to remove dad but I think he'll survive" I nod giving him a smile .

"Ofcourse , Help them" he nods at kavish and then his gaze falls on the girl.

"Amrita" he gives her a hug and she seems really close to their family. Why haven't I heard about her from ishani ?

"Is there anything serious?" His face turns tensed but she shakes her head . "Regular checkup but she's not here"

Is she a doctor or something ? Wait, ishani's doctor?

Ishani's dad nods and walks away while her mother gives Amrita a smile "I'll send her to you Amrita , thanks for everything "

"Ohh and by the way " kavish interrupts " she's ishani's doctor "he again wraps an arm around her "and my aunt"

She nods and ohh my god . She doesn't look her age . I knew she was elder than kavish but ...

"Don't mind him kainaat , he's a Bully.

I nod as relief fills my chest and I wish to punch him so hard while he smirks at me as if saying caught your jealousy .

And that Devansh idiot , I'll kill him .

"Can I see ishani's room" I say because I don't wanna see him anymore .

"Yes , come with me and kavish see Amrita off " she says and we walk up the stairs. The house is really beautiful, like a palace .

"She's a pampered kid" her mother chuckles as we push open the glass door and ohh my god . The room is literally so beautiful. With soft pink bed sheets and white curtains , it screams Ishani's name . There are soft toys on the bed, oh the shelves , above the cupboard , one the ground and everywhere .

"Kavish and her dad got her those" she points at the toys "even though she's grown up"

"I know , she has so many at the campus too. Even in her locker "I laugh but the hair on the back of my neck stand straight when he steps inside the room .

I see ishani's pictures on the wall while he sees me . Stop staring.

"Your dad forgot the files" Aunty says looking at kavish and rushes outside . I bend to pick a photo frame when the door shuts behind me .

Turning around instantly I find him leaning againt the door . "You look cuter when you're jealous"

"I was not jealous" I clarify .

"So did you like me touching someone else" he chuckles and it feels like a jab straight through my heart .

"I don't care" I turn around and put Ishani's photo back on the table . Her alarm clock is soft blue with cat ears .

I freeze when kavish holds me from behind "Are you sure sweetheart"

"I am" I push him away and he steps back ."Okay I'll go catch up with an old friend of mine . She stays in the neighborhood and I'll send you pictures"

"Go to hell" I yell as he opens the door and steps outside but my heart sinks to my stomach.

"Ok wait Avi" I mumble and he freezes .

"What did you call me"

I mentally slap myself realizing my relationship is not as romantic with him that I'm giving him names now .

"It's simpler to say"

He cuts the distance and looks at me with those brown eyes filled with obsession "I absolutely love it"

"Then I'll never say it"

"Ohh you will scream it sweetheart"

"Shut up ka---" he yanks me closer as his lips crash on mine instantly . Pulling away he smiles "now what was it?"

"Avi" I utter and he voices" good girl "

"Now which motherfucker gave you that picture?" He locks my hands behind my back with no space left between our bodies .

"I found it"

"Sweetheart do you take me for a fool? Tell me before I have to fuck it out of you"

My lips tremble and it's so strange how all of a sudden he goes from super sweet and happy to super psychotic and super daunting.

"Devansh" I spit out but he doesn't seem surprised.

"And you believed him ? " I'm pinned to a wall with hands above my head and I'm constantly worrying about any of ishani's expensive decorations breaking.

"What could I do " I twist my wrists to free myself from his hold but his free hand touches my waist making me flinch .

"Leave me" I beg while his hand goes all the way up my back . Feeling each and every inch of my skin . My heart begins pounding when he unclasps the hook of my bra .

"No , what the hell are you doing , I believed what I saw"

"And now you know the truth ? So you better keep it in your mind for a lifetime sweetheart " he kisses my neck and whispers "you are the only girl who will ever enter my life, my heart , my family , my bed or my pants"

I look into his eyes and I know he's dead serious .

___________________________